Since I'm having my Saitek x52pro installed again, I'm having problems with Windows7. the keyboard doesnt responds when the x52 is plugged in and when I want to shut Windows down, I get the 'logging off' screen, which stops responding for a while and when it finaly goes to the 'shut down' screen, it gets stuck there. The blue circle keeps moving, but no matter how long I wait, the computer doesnt shut down. After unplugging the x52, everything works normal again.

Does anyone know whats going on and how I can fix this?

Cheers!

Maarten

Hi Maarten,

can you provide a bit more information?

What OS are you using

have you installed the latest X52 drivers?

is your keyboard wireless or wired?

if wired is it in a hub if so is the X52pro in the same hub.

are your devices plugged in to USB 2 or USB 3 ports?

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

I've got the latest driver, indeed. Just downloaded from the Saitek site, but it was still the same as I already had.

I've got a wired keyboard, which is connected to it's own USB port and the x52 is connected to a selfpowered 2.0 hub along with 3 Saitek panels.

So far I managed to find that it can be caused by a high-powered USB 2.0 port.

I tried a non-selfpowered hub, but it didnt give enough power. My x52 is several years old, so on a wild guess I also tried a 1.1 hub, but that didnt work either, so I guess the x52 indeed needs a 2.0 port.

I found several posts where this problem is mentioned, but so far non that also gives a proper solution.

Cheers!

Maarten

Hmm I've got mine plugged into a powered USB 2 hub but then I have a wireless keyboard/mouse. Unfortunately tracking these problems down can be time consuming.

Sorry if you've already done all this but have you tried without the panels connected? I'm not saying that they are the problem only that there could be a conflict with the X52 even if they are both Saitek products.

If you have a spare port on the back of your PC I would try plugging the X52 into that and see if there's a change. I do know that some hubs can cause problems whereas others do not so if you can narrow it down to the hub then it may be worth trying a different make.

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

Been googling all morning, but I finaly found it! :D

I turned xHCI off in the BIOS and now everything works fine.

Cheers!

Maarten

Been googling all morning, but I finaly found it! :D

I turned xHCI off in the BIOS and now everything works fine.

Excellent news well done! all you've got to do now is get the MFD working properly with FSX. 

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png