Sign in to follow this  
zappE

Crashes on exit

Hi,

I've just bought the PMDG 737 for FSX from the website and installed it (It's a clean install and I just reinstalled fsx to install the 737).

It work fine but crashes when I want to exit the flight. It occurs just with the 737.
FSX stop working and try to find a solution.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot.

Vivian

I see FSX crash during exit the program about 20% of the time, and it's absolutely no big deal. Afterall, I'm shutting down FSX so I don't care if the program is sloppy about it as long as system resources are unallocated.

Now, if you are getting a FSX CTD on Flight Exit, where you should be going back to the Free Flight screen then yes, that is unusual. Can you clear this misunderstanding please. Thanks.

Also, full names in PMDG forums please.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi, thanks for the reply.

So, I got a FSX CTD when I want to return on the free flight screen after a flight.

Vivian "zappE" Jaz.

Expand the error message box to reveal more information. Maybe there is a clue hidden there.

Dan Downs KCRP

I can't expend the error box. FSX just shut down and restart immediatelly after. I don't know if I can retrieve a crashlog or something like that in FSX,

Vivian "zappE" J.

Which OS are you using?  There should be a windows event viewer found under administrative tools (this is an optional hidden from view item) where you can check on application errors. Maybe some digging in this direction might help.

So, only the PMDG 737NGX causes FSX to close and automatically restart when you try to END FLIGHT, right? If you exit FSX it goes away without error? If any other aircraft is selected when you end flight it goes back to the free flight window?

What is your default aircraft?

Dan Downs KCRP