Sign in to follow this  
NicolasTAP

New Nvidia driver 344.48 - WHQL

I have no interest in DSR but the laptop drivers did do wonders for me in terms of FPS and smoothness (I have the 780gtx). I'll try these drivers later to see if I see the same results or better.

I don't see that DSR thing on the laptop ?  Is it only for desktop GPU's ?

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

I have no interest in DSR but the laptop drivers did do wonders for me in terms of FPS and smoothness (I have the 780gtx). I'll try these drivers later to see if I see the same results or better.

Same I'd rather have better performance vs better AA. I picked up a few FPS on my 980 with these drivers.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

For those trying to set up DSR: Use the NVidia Control Panel, Manage 3D Settings, Global Settings, DSR - Factors, and DSR - Smoothness. Check the desired multiplier boxes, and set the desired smoothness (quality of downscaling). Then in FSX full screen game mode, choose the increased custom resolution in the Display Settings. The screen text becomes smaller and the larger starting resolution is scaled onto the monitor resolution to produce the anti-aliased effect. DSR is not an alternative to other AA techniques, rather it enhances their results. Filtering will still be required to improve textures into the far distance. Aircraft models requiring Sparse Grid Supersampling in DX10 and DX11, still require a measure of that technique for acceptably smooth results overall.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Keep in mind that DSR is not implemented if you have multiple monitors. Also, I had to uninstall this driver and revert back to the previous WHQL driver because some of the multiple monitor features did not work properly. With two monitors in either extend or clone mode, if I shut off the 2nd monitor, the primary monitor also went blank, instead of automatically reverting to single monitor mode. Since the 2nd monitor also has my main audio out via my receiver/amp, that is obviously not an option.With previous drivers, everything worked fine. This was the official desktop 344.48 automatically installed with a clean install via Geforce Experience.

Nah I don't see it under Global.

Maybe it only works for Desktop GPU's

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Ahh, no multiple monitor support. Too bad. I use my other monitors for other Apps. Having to use fullscreen is a no-go for me sadly.

Getting a lot of panning stutters with airbus 319 - not sure if its the driver or the new hotfix for bus - the graphics look cleaner - maybe it will work itself out - fps about the same - report after more use

Rich Sennett

A few questions:

Does it make the use of nVidia Inspector redundant?  

Does the setting not increase the chance of CTD's?

Has anyone tried the setting on FSX?

Thanks,

Robert

May I refer you to my post above. I never get CTDs and didn't expect to get any with the increased resolution.

Thanks Steve, I'm sure that I read your post but for some reason missed the reference to FSX.  Appreciate the info you have provided.

\Robert Hamlich/

Does it make the use of nVidia Inspector redundant?  

Does the setting not increase the chance of CTD's?

Has anyone tried the setting on FSX?

May I refer you to my post above. I never get CTDs and didn't expect to get any with the increased resolution.

Interesting ... drivers seem fine with 1 TB, 2 TB and 3 TB ... DSR works with 1 TB, not 2 TB, but fine with 3 TB.  Super busy with other stuff, but hope to put some time into testing DSR this weekend.  Need to run some compares with SGSS AA vs. DSR in various SLI and non-SLI modes.

But on the plus side, 344.48 doesn't appear to have broken anything in P3D.  I'm not seeing any new entries in the P3D profile so doesn't look like any work done specific to P3D.

Cheers, Rob.

What DSR factors and smoothness settings are folks landing on? And in-sim AA / FXAA settings?

I'm currently running DSR @2X, smoothing at 33%, FXAA off and MSAA @2X. Loving it!

Need to run some compares with SGSS AA vs. DSR

Hey Rob,

I found the use of SGSSAA is unchanged with DSR. Since it takes a sparse grid sample pattern to produce the averaged pixel, the Sparse Grid AA effectively reduces the texture resolution at the source and produces a slightly less detailed image than SSAA. The aircraft types that normally look poorly smoothed without the application of SGSSAA, remained so in both DX10 FSX and DX11 P3D. The application of even high magnitudes of DSR did not help with these particular aircraft models, and I had to apply SGSSAA. The use of SSAA on compatible models still improved the view with DSR.

Best regards

Just gave DSR up after 2 hours of testing :wub:

Did you get it going? You have to switch modes with ALT+ENTER after making changes to the custom resolutions.

You don't have to use a driver cleaner,the method I use is to uninstall via add remove programs,delete nvidia folder,reboot, Perform a clean install, then again,reboot,delete nvidia folder.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”