Sign in to follow this  
kevinh

RAAS R4.CSV file missing post SP1c update

Since I updated to SP1c I get the following warning message when I load FSX

RAAS Professional

The R4,CSV file in MISSING!

I have RAAS switched off in the MCDU options to save on VAS, so I don't use RAAS. But clearly the file should still be present. I never had the missing file warning before. Would be nice to get the file resored or be able to prevent the warning at least.

I'm not sure if this is related to my Aerosoft Airbus A319 addon. This also has RAAS Pro. When I reinstalled that to incorporate SP1 recently I opted not to install RAAS. I don't see how this could have affected the 777 install, but the warnings only started after installing SP1c over the top of the existing version yesterday.

ki9cAAb.jpg

A forum search, or even a google search, turns up several topics that solve your problem. If you don't have a copy of MakeRnys.exe in your FSX main folder, you can google the filename and get the link to download it from Peter Dowson.

Full names in this forum please. Thanks

Dan Downs KCRP

A forum search, or even a google search, turns up several topics that solve your problem. If you don't have a copy of MakeRnys.exe in your FSX main folder, you can google the filename and get the link to download it from Peter Dowson.

Full names in this forum please. Thanks

Dan,

My full name is in my signature and I did do a forum search, no reference to R4.csv came up. Your answer isn't very helpful. Either give a full answer or paste the forum links (which didn't turn up in my search). Don't just say "search the forum".

I didn't need to run makernys.exe to get RAAS to work with the 777 initially. Why did r4.csv go missing? Reinstalling the 777 shouldn't do that. What could have deleted it?

Yes and after this you will probably miss another ini which also can be solved by searching avsim forums :)

Or here: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/446835-raas-schemaini-file-is-missing/

There there..

is it be patronising to forum users day or something?

ki9cAAb.jpg

Ah, yes I see your name... I have no idea how I missed that.   I used google to find avsim topics, works better for me than the forum search.

Here is one of several topics: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/449188-r4csv-file/

I did tell you that makernys.exe was your solution and how to find it if you didn't have it. So?

I have no idea why r4.csv was deleted, it certainly did not happen to me or anybody on the beta team and this is the first post I've seen on this topic since SP1C was released.

The good news is that it only takes a couple minutes to download and run makernys.exe and problem should be solved.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan,

My full name is in my signature and I did do a forum search, no reference to R4.csv came up. Your answer isn't very helpful. Either give a full answer or paste the forum links (which didn't turn up in my search). Don't just say "search the forum".

I didn't need to run makernys.exe to get RAAS to work with the 777 initially. Why did r4.csv go missing? Reinstalling the 777 shouldn't do that. What could have deleted it?

is it be patronising to forum users day or something?

Hehe, just wanted to soothe you, cause it can be very frustrating:)

And yeah I had it too for no apparent reason :)

I'm not sure if this is related to my Aerosoft Airbus A319 addon. This also has RAAS Pro. When I reinstalled that to incorporate SP1 recently I opted not to install RAAS. I don't see how this could have affected the 777 install, but the warnings only started after installing SP1c over the top of the existing version yesterday.

My bet is that it was caused somewhere in here, but I can't say for sure.

I can say, though, that I haven't ever had an issue with the R4 CSV, even after installing all the test builds and uninstall/reinstalls of the beta and RTM versions of the 777.  The only reason I've ever used the MakeRunways tool was to update the file with the current KIAD runways after installing the FlightBeam scenery (i.e. the file never went missing through all of that).

Run the MakeRunways tool and you'll be sorted in no time.

Kyle Rodgers

My bet is that it was caused somewhere in here, but I can't say for sure.

I can say, though, that I haven't ever had an issue with the R4 CSV, even after installing all the test builds and uninstall/reinstalls of the beta and RTM versions of the 777.  The only reason I've ever used the MakeRunways tool was to update the file with the current KIAD runways after installing the FlightBeam scenery (i.e. the file never went missing through all of that).

Run the MakeRunways tool and you'll be sorted in no time.

Kyle,

I can confirm that this happens when you reinstall the Aerosoft A319 without the RAAS option. I tried that reinstall due to some performance issues I had with their weather radar, so I just wanted to share this as others may run into the same issue. There was another error though after makerunways tool has finished and I want to say it had something to do with a file called "scheme" or something similar (my apologies, I'm not at my sim pc right now).

While I was able to google a solution, another way to repair these error messages is a reinstall of the Airbus with RAAS enabled. I'm not sure this would also work with a full reinstall of the T7 as I didn't want to fiddle with an already perfectly working aircraft.

Either way, just wanted to share my experience with said error message.

Cheers,

Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

I did tell you that makernys.exe was your solution and how to find it if you didn't have it. So?

But I think that's only part of the problem. Anyway, I didn't have to run that program to make RAAS work originally, so I shouldn't have to do so now. Running makernys might have fixed it, but John's post about Schema.ini led me to find that that file was missing too. So it began to look messy. In the end I took the advice Bryan York gives in the RAAS forum and reinstalled the 777. His point is you can't be sure what else is missing so it's best to reinstall RAAS Pro with the 777 rather than try and fix the missing stuff. I guess this kind of interaction is inevitable with two addons installing the same software in the same location. Uninstalling one is bound to affect the other.

I realise Google is a better way of searching than the forum search, but ultimately you have to search for the right thing. Unless you put in the same search terms you won't come up with the same results. I've lost count of the number of times I've seen someone say what you said and get a reply that they had indeed used search and not found an answer. Just because someone didn't find the answer doesn't mean they haven't searched.

Kyle,

I can confirm that this happens when you reinstall the Aerosoft A319 without the RAAS option. I tried that reinstall due to some performance issues I had with their weather radar, so I just wanted to share this as others may run into the same issue. There was another error though after makerunways tool has finished and I want to say it had something to do with a file called "scheme" or something similar (my apologies, I'm not at my sim pc right now).

While I was able to google a solution, another way to repair these error messages is a reinstall of the Airbus with RAAS enabled. I'm not sure this would also work with a full reinstall of the T7 as I didn't want to fiddle with an already perfectly working aircraft.

Cheers,

Pete

Pete, this is the kind of answer I was hoping for to begin with, thank you. It explains what happened. I'm sure I ran FSX after I installed the A319 without RAAS Pro and got no missing file warning. However that may have been before the reboot which is necessary to complete the Aerosoft installation process. So the problem was not the SP1c update, but changing my A319 installation. Anyway, I can confirm that reinstalling the 777 after installing the A319 without RAAS works perfectly well. So you can have it both ways. Reinstalling the 777 was quick and completely painless, thanks to the OC livery recovery facility.

Hehe, just wanted to soothe you, cause it can be very frustrating:)

And yeah I had it too for no apparent reason :)

Sorry I took it the wrong way.

edit: no idea why this post has come out in bold font and I've not been able to change it back.

ki9cAAb.jpg

In the end I took the advice Bryan York gives in the RAAS forum and reinstalled the 777. His point is you can't be sure what else is missing so it's best to reinstall RAAS Pro with the 777 rather than try and fix the missing stuff. I guess this kind of interaction is inevitable with two addons installing the same software in the same location. Uninstalling one is bound to affect the other.

Hi Folks,

Just ran in to the same problem. R4.CSV file missing after SP1c was installed. Created that file as suggested by running Makerunways again, then created the schema.ini which resolved the file errors on starting up FSX.

Then went to Add-on menu to enable RAAS and while I tried to load the 777X profile basically it could not find the file and dumped me out of FSX with a severe failure. The RAAS menu basically comes up with a settings page with everything un-checked, the Audio test will not work and no soundsets can be found. Looks like RAAS is completely screwed up.

Looks like reinstalling the 777 from scratch is the only way to resolve this as it appears other files are now also missing. I really have no option  since I do not have AXE or the A318/A319 packages installed on my machine.

Regards,

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Looks like reinstalling the 777 from scratch is the only way to resolve this as it appears other files are now also missing. I really have no option since I do not have AXE or the A318/A319 packages installed on my machine.

Quick update: Uninstalling both the base 200LR/F and -300ER packages and then re-installing them plus all SPs has now resolved the issue and RAAS is now working again.

And yes... for some reason, even though BOLD is not activated on my editor's ribbon bar, it appears at least this post now seems to have bold text enabled for some strange reason!. Hope the Avsim guys can sort this out.

Regards,

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Thanks for sharing.  Good to know that my assumption wasn't completely off the mark.

edit: no idea why this post has come out in bold font and I've not been able to change it back.

There's some bad parsing in Peter's post above yours.  Looks like it must be some copied code in his signature that didn't get properly closed (or, from a forum level, forced to not parse, which is one reason why we have BBCode to begin with, but hey...stuff happens...)

Kyle Rodgers