Sign in to follow this  
ViperPilot

What's your favorite FS9 Airplane right now?

Greetings!

I saw this Topic over in the FSX Forum, and thought I would take the liberty to pose the same query here in the Niner's Forum.

So... What's your current favorite plane, heli, car, boat or other imaginary vehicle made for FS9 that you've been tooling around in lately? Payware or Freeware... doesn't matter.

Personally, I've been playing around with the Boeing Model 40 mailplane. I have David Wooster's freeware version, but just got the Golden Age Simulations a couple of days ago to compare the two.

While I like the way the GAS model flies (+ the doors opening on the correct side, and the Mail compartment hatch that opens), I like the Graphics and the 2D Panel that David's model has! It's a minor quibble, though; they are both great representations of Boeing's first Commercial airplane.

What have you been flying lately?

:smile:

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

Any & all from Milton! I'm not a bus driver! ;-)

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Lately I have been flying helicopters. My favorites are

H&S EC-145

H&S EC-135

H&S BK117

ICARO AW139

My last 2 airplane flights were with the PMDG 1900.

What is this "FS9" that you speak of?  

I keed I keed.

I don't have fs9 anymore, but when I did, I loved the Maddog and Level D 767.

- Douglas Kallen's beautiful Stearman 75: http://simviation.com/1/download-file?file=d75n1.zip

- iFly 737NG

- Tinmouse 732 with CIVA INS

- many other freeware GA aircraft pearls such as

Thanks so much for the replies! Looks like a wide range of choices out there to choose from...

What draws you to a particular Model; the flight dynamics, visual look, features that enhance the immersion factor, etc.?

Interested in your comments, and thanks again!

:lol:

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

For me, it's the RFP B747-200 with CIVA INS, merged with Posky B747. I was lucky enough to get the latest version way back when the days were longer and girls were prettier. :smile:  I adapted the panels to 16:9, added a few other minor things and never looked back.

Why? Terrific flight model/flight dynamics, systems modelling, sound... all that more than compensates for poor/non-existing VC. Largest immersion factor by far for me.

Second would be iFly B737 which I fly a lot lately (not enough time for longer flights), with the Maddog and PMDG MD-11 there as well.

Regards,

Jure

Sorry, should've been more precise... yes, the latest RFP version by Chris Kogler with updated panels and all the goodies. It has an activation code generated (and valid) for my HW only. I really hate to think what will happen, once my  FS 'puter goes to electronic heaven. :unsure:

When taking off, the RFP B742 really gives you the feel of pulling an enormous weight off the ground. Not to mention landing at Kai Tak. I have over 100 landings there and it is still as exciting as it was the first time.

Regards,

Jure

Jure? You talking the latest version of the Posky that was released or the RFP? The RFP was amazing. I bought the original for fs2002. Loved it.

I don't have any utmost favorite, so here's my picks...

Freewares, there's that P51 on Avsim, by Packard Merlin.

- The North American F86 by Section 8

- Posky 777

And two of french delicaties

- The Restauravia Piel Emeraude

- The Cessna C150 by Fravin, a Pioneer in All 3d gauges, all virtual cokpit aircrafts.

Paywares, I'll go for the PMDG 747 Ifly 737 and the Messerschmitt BF109 by Flight Replicas.

Still like the Level D 767 and PMDG 737. 

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Mine are Carenado 182Q and 172N, Cloud9 F-4 and Rick Piper's Jet Provost, I think. can't beat the Provost for some fast scenic flying! But my answer might be different tomorrow ... IFly 737 and PMDG MD-11.

Cheers,

Sascha