Sign in to follow this  
ViperPilot

What's your favorite FS9 Airplane right now?

I love flying Milton Shupe's WIP Lockheeds... Although the released versions are far from complete, they already look good and are a dream to fly.

I also make heavy use of Carenados Cessnas... The 206,210,172,337,185, and even the 182 sometimes. And I enjoy the Dreamfleet 310 and Beech 58.

I love the Project Airbus A319 and the Feelthere E-jets V2 E175 and 195. Also the section 8 Sabre, the amazing freeware Cessna 150 (can't remember the actual name, think it has already been mentioned.)

I love flying the QW 757. Together with the Project Airbus A319/320 the only planes I like to fly.

The others are also nice but I always choose these ones.

Project Airbus A319/320

Do these have a VC?

Level D767-300ER

PMDG 737 and PMDG 747   

Feel There Embraer 190

Best regards from Tony, at the helm of the flying desk.

Many thanks for all the Replies!

Just looking through them, it appears as if a good number of you are flying the Big Iron exclusively, and there's a wide range even within that too!

I'd like to fly the big stuff more often, but a couple of things I'm not sure of... (wanting to be accurate, you know):

Is it a long gradual climb to Cruise Altitude, or is it a series of step climbs? If it is a step climb, how big of a Step?

I mean, are we looking at 1,500'+ FPM or even greater? It doesn't feel like that much on an actual flight, sitting in the Cabin...

I dunno... you guys are the experts at this; teach this old fart something new! Please... impart thy infinite knowledge!

Oh, and keep your choices coming!

Many Thanks, as always!

:P

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

Me, I'm a huge fan of Dino Cattaneo's F-14B or D, the FA-18F by Team FS KBT, the Bell 206bIII megapack by Owen Hewitt, and for low/slow fixed wing flight the REALAIR SIMULATIONS Cessna 172SP. Those are the most used I've got. Notice they're all freeware birds. I haven't payed for a plane, or scenery yet. I got FS2004 ACOF back when it first hit the store in 2004, and haven't seen any reson to upgrade :)  I DID upgrade my joystick a couple years ago, but that's about as far as I've gone. Some say I'm cheap, Prefer "FRUGAL". Very very frugal...

I will take a tour in Milton Shupe's birds, whether Bob Hoover's Rockwell Commander 500 Shrike, or the gorgeous Spartan Executive he makes. For the bush, it's only the default Cessna 208, believe it or not. Haven't found a more versatile bird yet. For me, bear in mind.

Anyway, that's all. I'm not a big fan of the tubes. I don't want to spend a few hours prepping for a flight, programing the plane, the FMC making the flightplan etc, only to sit and watch the autopilot fly the plane. That's just me though :)

OH! I wanted to mention, I have finally gotten comfortable enough that I am no longer the slightest bit shy about getting into the Aircraft.cfg, the *.air file, and the Panel.cfg files. I'm even working on learning the whole XML thing for making gauges. Some of my panels, especially, bear almost no resemblance to the one that came with the bird, but they're functionality is just perfect for me :) Only thing I miss so far is a proper fire extinguishing system, not just a fuel cut-off switch...But I keep looking!

Have great flights all, whatever you chose to fly :)

Pat☺

If it is a step climb, how big of a Step? 

I mean, are we looking at 1,500'+ FPM or even greater?

Not all aircraft get up to cruise altitude directly.

Depends on load: The B777 for example may go to 31,000ft and burn off fuel for a bit, then when light enough, the flight computers decide it can go to 35,000ft, and later go to 39,000ft when opportune.

An A380 flight I was on recently seemed to do a 2-step.

It's a scary thought that the most economical flight level has the aircraft on the verge of stalling, in the thin air...

Initial climb can easily be 2,500fpm but of course much less Up There.

As to flightsimming favourite: Helicopters I'm afraid  B)

And a freeware C150 that is cool to just fly around low and slow and land anywhere for fun. :)

By François-Denis GUIDEE - I also dust it off regularly and take it for a short hop. It has a lot ofattitude for such a small plane. I actually like it better than the payware Carenado 150, it is somehow less immersive even though it is very accurate.

Yes there are a few models that like say, a Citroen DS, are absolute lightyears ahead of anything else in the class. 

That Cessna 150 is one, and the stunning  Nord 3202, Buecker 131 Jungmann, and Mudry Cap-10 are in the same league.

The Aeroworx B200 is another, and FSD's Porter too.

The SectionF8 F-86 Sabre... what a lot of favourites!

On the subject of the Cessna 150, there's another one that was made by J.E. Narcizo that flies very well. It comes in both a tricycle and taildragger version. There's also a nice Panel by Horst Paetzold made specifically for this Model.

In my original post, I mentioned 'imaginary vehicles'... one of those is the Colonial Raptor from Battlestar Galactica, It was designed for FSX, but I was able to get it off the ground and fly it around the local Briar Patch. It shakes and shudders at anything over 250kts. but I can live with it.

Another unique airplane is the Rutan Boomerang; it's got the coolest Panel I've seen, and she also flies very well.

Thanks for the tips on climbing with the Heavies; I guess I just need to get in one and fly!

Keep the Airliner Tips and your current Favorite airplanes coming!

Thanks!  :lol:

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

I owned a DS23 Pallas F.I.

Oh!

I once also owned a kind of classical vehicle: a Saab, with a wing-shaped front grille, a reminiscence to Aviation; btw. the Saab Safir for FS2004 seems to be sold no longer anywhere???

However, (on topic again), my FS winter season will belong Igor Suprunovs (RIP) Yak-40 model, which recently became freeware. And later I will explore the SCS Tu-134 v.2.

Cheers,

Harald

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

I once also owned a kind of classical vehicle: a Saab,

Well done Harald.   :P

In those days both Citroen and Saab chose to go their own way ... very individual ways indeed, and IMHO better for it.  They lost out when Peugeot and GM respectively became involved in ownership.

the Saab Safir for FS2004 seems to be sold no longer anywhere???

A lovely aircraft I am fortunate to own.  I didn't realise it was no longer available.  A real pity for it too was a highly individualistic aircraft, along with Aerosoft's Dornier.