Sign in to follow this  
HaraldG

Autumn in the Baltics

Indeed, that was exactly my thought when I bought it. And I wasn't disappointed.

I'd be interested in a comparison between the DF A36 and the Carenado F33 from your side. The F33 is smaller and thus would better meet my needs. Somehow I could equip it with a 2D panel, too.

Furthermore I'd like to know how the Reality XP avionics work for you. When I got the Bonanza, I still used WinXP, and the Reality XP gauges made my Sim and my whole system nearly inoperable. Some more forum members reported this, too:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/412742-bonanza-confusion/?hl=%2Bbonanza+%2Bconfusion#entry2718340

I replaced them with the help of the traditional panel modification by David Voogd (a36tradp.zip in the library), although this needed further modification particularly to the VC. I did try to contact David to have his approval to share my modifications, but all known E-Mail addresses turned out to be invalid now.

Over the weekend I flew from Tallinn to St. Peterburg just to fill my tanks (incl. tip tanks, yeah). Fuel is cheap in Russia. Now I bother with a FS9 crash in Helsinki (maybe some problem with the FISD sceneries) and, as usual, bad wheather. Finally, IFR flying when heading home with the GA plane.

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

I order my copy on Saturday. Should be here in a couple of days. I'll do a comparison then! The 33 does not have a 2d but the 3D is very good, you can fly the plane well enough from there.

My copy of the Dreamfleet Bonanza arrived today. I took it up for a short hop - flies like a dream, looks very good and has great systems. A few details are better looking (read VC carpet here) in the Carenado, but otherwise the Dreamfleet version can hold it's own in comparison, and has far better systems. FDE in Dreamfleet seems good, but Carenado's is also on par.

Haven't fiddled with the RealityXP stuff yet.

Needs repaints, only one included.

Cheers,

Sascha

Glad you like the DF Bonanza! Its quality is astonishing if you remark that it is almost ten years old. Repaints are a problem: There are some in the library, but the d*** Text-o-matic/Dream Manager tool didn't work with some repaints I liked. Finally, I found a nice German repaint and I just changed the registration letters to have my very own one. There is, however, a better choice of US registrations in the library.

I continued my Baltic flight from Helsinki to Aland yesterday. Still have Russian Fuel in the tanks. Finnland looked more finnish than ever with FS9Evo. How goes the progress regarding Evo (agn files, maybe hard winter textures)?

All the best (have fun with your new plane),

Harald

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Harald, i will probably release a preliminary hard winter, meaning where I won't have finished the subtle enhancements. It will be quite nice already with some colour highlights, just not every road properly darkened and such like ie roads in textures will still have snow on them mostly. This will be fairly soon, in the next couple of weeks. I also really want to do lights for the rest of the world, I still only have about 40% done!

I've been flying the A36 some more and it really is visiually on par with Carenado offerings although many years older! I think it is a more complex aircraft than the F33, though.

Cheers,
Sascha

Sascha, I only asked because I'm still standing by for 3D lights reduction, if not already made by you. But so I know that this may last still a while, this is no problem at all for me.

Regarding the Bonanza, I really considered to buy the F33, but it seems that I can save my money. I rather bought the Aerosoft Fairbanks scenery that is momentarily on sale, this is something for the only Carenado product I own, the C185.

Still no problems with the Reality XP instruments?

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Still no problems with the Reality XP instruments?

Had no time to really try working them. On the surface everything seems to work fine - they were the only hiccup in installation. I usually install into a dummy directory to avoid overwriting stuff, but the instruments then gave me a CTD. Had to install into FS directory proper, but no problem as nothing was overwritten.

The Carenado Bonanza is good fun to fly, if you can pick it up at a sale the good modelling makes it worth while. It has a good enogh FDE.

Didn't I send you the link to updated lights? I meant to but have probably forgotten :(

Will do tomorrow - my lovely wife has her birthday today and we're going out!

Cheers,

Sascha

I usually install into a dummy directory to avoid overwriting stuff, but the instruments then gave me a CTD.

You could use a sandbox, then you can point the installer towards the FS2004 directory, but it installs into the sandbox and not in the "real" FS2004 installation, though.

Yes, you did send me the reworked "interim" light object. However, FPS are much better but still too low above big cities. Thats why I want to decrease the number of lights within the agn files, at least within those with the highest light density.

Have a nice evening!

Regards,

Harald

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg