Sign in to follow this  

Nvidia control panel settings?

Since NV seems to have gone out of fashion, does anyone care to offer up suggestions as to what setting are best in the Nvidia control panel for P3D V2.4?

Sorry if I am behind the curve. This stuff is a bit out there for me LOL.

Prepar3dNvidiaControlpanelsetting.png

Since NV seems to have gone out of fashion, does anyone care to offer up suggestions as to what setting are best in the Nvidia control panel for P3D V2.4?

Sorry if I am behind the curve. This stuff is a bit out there for me LOL

I would read up on what Steve has to offer as its always excellent - funny you asked this question here are my settings that I use for backup and work very well - I had to use these on this new 344.48 driver as I was getting a panning stutter using the regular control panel settings (I will revisit this as it might just be P3D settling in and a result of a new cfg file rebuild) - I did not have to use these settings with the hack laptop driver - I prefer not to use NI anymore just not needed on my monitor (2560x1440) and a much more refined P3D - hope it helps

***** I am not using DSR - I have found it not necessary on my monitor due to the high native resolution I would assume - seems 1080 users are digging it 

ieo86w.jpg

Rich Sennett

Thanks for your support, Rich. Keep well Brother. *****Yes me too, It's a step too far on bigger monitors.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Thanks for your support, Rich. Keep well Brother. *****Yes me too, It's a step too far on bigger monitors.

My pleasure my friend - where pretty much always on the same page :) nite Buddy

Rich Sennett

I really like the Rob Ainscough settings for P3D, really worked for me. (Funny I tried pasting the link here and Avsim won't let me????) Just search him on Google.

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

We don't need to copy Mr X, or Mr Y settings, there are few complications when the basics are understood. Please checkout the link I managed to include above.

We don't need to copy Mr X, or Mr Y settings, there are few complications when the basics are understood. Please checkout the link I managed to include above.

Steve, I think you need to put that link in your signature! LOL ;-)

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

yes, LOL seems to be a hot topic, and much confusion around, so hopefully should see an end to it!

best regards

yes, LOL seems to be a hot topic, and much confusion around, so hopefully should see an end to it!

best regards

Steve, to throw more into the mix and please don't send me to the link! LOL

I am currently doing a test by having my nVidia Control Panel and NI P3D settings all default. Factory defaults, no tweaking.

Then I went ahead and selected FXAA = OFF and MSAA = 4 within the P3D settings. Finally, I went into the prepar3d.cfg file and made SSAA = 4.

The results are awesome! I am getting almost the same image quality with these settings as I was getting with DSR 4x/33% at almost TWICE the FPS I was getting with DSR!

Is this even possible? Is SSAA inside the prepared.cfg file the same thing as SGSS 4x? Or do I still need to go with the settings at "The Link" alongside with the settings I posted above?

BTW, I am using the new 344.48 drivers...

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz

Is SSAA inside the prepared.cfg file the same thing as SGSS 4x?

No. The SGSSAA is slightly out of focus compared to SSAA and is implemented with NI and only required for some models. It's not a big difference. I'm just messing with the Carenado B1900D, which presents quite a problem to FSX DX10 and P3D DX11. I've set all default except 16x aniso-mode and high quality filter clamped, and 8x SGSSAA. SGSAA is a requirement for this plane. I've found once that's set up I can add 1.2xDSR for a worthwhile improvement.

HQ DX11 NI settings Change Sparse Grid for 4x or 2x, and Aniso to 8x or 4x for performance. Slightly improved by changing Sparse Grid (this covers any plane model) for Supersampling if the plane is compatible.

No. The SGSSAA is slightly out of focus compared to SSAA and is implemented with NI and only required for some models. It's not a big difference. I'm just messing with the Carenado B1900D, which presents quite a problem to FSX DX10 and P3D DX11. I've set all default except 16x aniso-mode and high quality filter clamped, and 8x SGSSAA. SGSAA is a requirement for this plane. I've found once that's set up I can add 1.2xDSR for a worthwhile improvement.

Oh, I see. In my case, I couldn't care less how my aircraft looks on the outside. I use my sim for flying from within the VC and don't worry much about contemplating the aircraft from the outside. What I am really concerned about is the shimmering of the runway, taxiways and airports/3D objects in general. Especially the runways and taxiways.

I guess for my needs, I should just stick with SSAA and MSAA at 4x and leave the nvidia control panel and NI to default, untweaked values.

I will try MSAA 8x and SSAA 8x next. Probably tomorrow, I have to hit the sack now.

Have a good night, buddy. I will let you know how that goes tomorrow.

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz

I couldn't care less how my aircraft looks on the outside. I use my sim for flying from within the VC

The same theory applies for the VC view. If you've got one of the difficult planes, then you'll most likely get some instruments look crumpled, and need to apply SGSSAA. Later...

I am not using DSR - I have found it not necessary on my monitor due to the high native resolution I would assume

Same here. Will try your Nvidia Control panel settings though Rich. Are you running unlimited frames/v-sync etc in the P3D GUI?

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Same here. Will try your Nvidia Control panel settings though Rich. Are you running unlimited frames/v-sync etc in the P3D GUI?

"Are you running unlimited frames/v-sync etc in the P3D GUI?"

Yes when using aerosoft 318/319

Rich Sennett