Sign in to follow this  
MD11Flyer

FSX Fatal Error Every Time I Start it

Today I purchased the PMDG MD-11, and installed a lot of liveries. However, every time I start FSX, I get a Fatal Error message as the main menu loads. Now I can't run any FSX. The only thing I changed was the MD. I tried restatying the computer and added the UIAnimationCore or whatever dll was supposed to help crashes, no luck. I am going to try and re-do the install, if that doesnt work, then I'm at a loss. Running windows 8, by the way. PLEASE HELP!

Now FSX has a fatal error every time I start it, even though I removed the MD-11. Any ideas?

This is my error message in the events management thing.....not that techy so sorry for my inprecise language when it ocmes to computers.

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
Faulting module name: visualfx.dll, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb59
Exception code: 0xc0000005

Correct. I'm trying to run a complete re-install, but I messed up when I was uninstalling/deleting everything and now I'm trying to sort that out.

Tried deleting FSX.....but now when I try to open the installer I get Error 1607: Unable to install InstallShield scripting routine. Found a Windows page on it, no dice. Any ideas?

OK, I fixed that issue. Now I am getting a new error when I try to remove FSX;

ErrorNumber: 0x80040702

Descriprion: Failed to load DLL: GameuxInstallHelper

Any ideas?

Try simply deleting the config file from the FSX folder. It will build a new one when you relaunch FSX. The UIAutomation core DLL file fix is for a very specific issue relating to right clicking on menus. It is not a cure all. Regards

uninstalling/deleting everything

Did you uninstall the MD-11 using Programs and Features in the Control Panel or did you delete all the files pertaining to the MD-11? Which way you did it will make a difference in how you repair your system.

I tried to delete the entire FSX directory, which is why it's messed up now. Should I try t repair it using the installer or find a fix for the current issue?

I tried to delete the entire FSX directory, which is why it's messed up now. Should I try t repair it using the installer or find a fix for the current issue?

Look at this thread in particular post #9 http://www.fsforums.com/showthread.php?6436-Can-t-Install-FSX-after-i-deleted-him(not-uninstalled). I am afraid this is what you are looking at. Format your hard drive, install your Operating System and any other programs you had. Make certain that everything is working correctly, install FSX, install MD-11 any other add-ons that you had. Goodbye weekend.

I find advice given too late distasteful; however, never remove anything that was installed with an installer by deleting directories. You end up with a mess trying to resolve errors in the registry, which can be done manually but requires extensive knowledge of registry structure. You only alternative is as Michael recommended. Sorry.

From the MD11 README (always read these too):

UNINSTALL NOTES:
================
If you need to uninstall the PMDG MD-11 or any other PMDG product, please run this
installer again and select the REMOVE option.  Also, you can use the ADD/REMOVE
PROGRAMS item in your Windows Control Panel.
DO NOT MANUALLY DELETE FILES FROM YOUR MACHINE.  (we warned you!)

Dan Downs KCRP