Sign in to follow this  
cathay747

PMDG MD11 AP problem again

So I was flying the MD11 again and when the plane took off, instead of following the altitudes in the FMC, the plane just tried to roar to my cruising altitude. The plane eventually stalled.

Can anyone explain how to get VNAV working properly??

I have also seen tutorials on youtube where the pilos actaully have to manually change the altitude through the altitude selection bar, is that true??

I have also seen tutorials on youtube where the pilos actaully have to manually change the altitude through the altitude selection bar, is that true??

If I recall correctly, in your previous post you were advised to publish your full name when posting to these PMDG-owned Forums when seeking answers. Please comply.

You might want to try Tutorial 1 which came with the MD-11 and Advanced Tutorial 1 which is pinned at the top of this Forum. The MD-11 has no VNAV. PROF essentially the equivalent in the MD-11.

Yes pilots manually change the altitude.