Sign in to follow this  
vonmar

LJ24B and RealityXP Garmin

I got the RealityXP Garmin in the VC panel ok in LJ24B for FSX (screenshot) by manually editing the Panel.cfg.

But, installing into the 2D panel ( I used the RXP program GNS WAAS ConfigX.exe to do it) I got a CTD when selecting the LJ24B (FSX) and the entire panel view, like in this screenshot, was now a full screen background "theme" on both my monitors.

I had to re-boot the PC and re-establish (reselect) my desired original desktop theme.

I checked before purchasing the LJ24B and was told RXP Garmin worked in VC and 2D.

So maybe I have to do the 2D panel setup manually?

So, I need some help to set up the RealityXP Garmin properly (in the Panel.cfg) as a Pop Up for the LJ24B 2D cockpit?

LJ24B-RXP-Garmin-VC-panel_zps84ad10d5.jp

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I could be wrong but I think what it means by 2D is that you can have a 2D window.   I do not use the 2D panels anymore so I cannot help much.    You probably have to manually edit the panel.cfg or because you want to edit the 2D panel, you could try FS Panel Studio or another similar program.   I think the multiple panel states where the weather radar is located (WR, default GPS and blank plate) only works in the VC panel, but again I could be wrong.

Mike

"WR, default GPS and blank plate) only works in the VC panel, but again I could be wrong."

That is working well.

I fly from 2D cockpit a'lot and RXP garmin works ok as a pop-up in other planes.

I would like to know if anyone has set it up ok in the 2D panel as a pop-up?

"I could be wrong but I think what it means by 2D is that you can have a 2D window."

That  would be good also .. as a pop-up while in the VC.

How do I do that?

Best Regards,

Mike,

I got it working as a 2D window as you mentioned.

Thanks.

With RealityXP Garmin the Pop-Up mode is activated by clicking on the face of the Garmin in the VC or by selecting the Garmin from a RealityXP drop down menu in the 2D cockpit.

I think I will forget the RealityXP Pop-Up (drop down) configuration and just keep what is working now.

Best Regards,

Vaughan,

In reference to my favorable impression of the LR24B post, set forth a couple of threads below yours, I thought I had mentioned how I installed the RXP Garmin.  I only fly VC, but with several monitors, I display popups set forth in the drop down menu.  I just went to the RXP config box where all your FSX airplanes are listed and clicked to add the RXP gauge.  That's all I did.  I was not interested in installing it in the 24B panel as it would be too small for me to use.  I simply open it from the drop down menu and drag it over to my right monitor and blow it up so I can see it.  It works great.  This is the only sim aircraft I am flying now without a Navigraph up datable FMS, but the RXP data base is much better than the old FSX GPS.  Too bad that for the price Garmin gets for their sim GPS's, that they cannot be updated.   Mike

Mike ,

I had not read your post titled:A Favorable Impression of the LR24B.

RXPGarmin Navdata Cycle .. Oct 2014 (screenshot).

As for RXP pop-up.

What I wanted to do was left mouse click on the RealityXP screen in this VC panel and have a poped - up Garmin.

RXPnavdata_zpsfdff72d4.jpg

Best Regards,

Hi Vaughan,

Can you please tell me how you updated RXP to Cycle 1410??? and ... can you share your panel cfg so I can make it work in my L24?

Thanks a lot!

Rafael Henrique Carelli

Love flying this bird but would like to find some instructions on how to set up the reality xp into the VC

ZORAN