Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

A wish for next NGX SP

I concur, more and more people are using DX10 in their FSX installation

Mikael Leinonen

I know this has already been discussed but please have a look here PMDG.

http://stevesfsxanalysis.wordpress.com/2014/10/23/new-fsx-setting-forcevcshadowmap/?replytocom=3657#respond

Would be amazing if we could get vc shadows in the NGX!

Surely this is nothing to do with PMDG. If you can enable shadows in DX10 by this method no VC update by them is needed.

DX10 doesn't work well for everyon anyway. I gain nothing by enabling it apart from increased problems.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Surely this is nothing to do with PMDG. If you can enable shadows in DX10 by this method no VC update by them is needed.

DX10 doesn't work well for everyon anyway. I gain nothing by enabling it apart from increased problems.

I suggest you read the reply made by Steve regarding the NGX in the link I provided again as well as read up on DX10 using the DX10SF. Many people are running DX10 successfully and I'm one of them.

Richard Åsberg

Me too, haven't had any serious problems with SteveFX DX10 fixer ^_^

Mikael Leinonen

Is there even going to be another SP?

i hope they fix the problems with the flap movement, the unshape light on the winglets if you look on them at night from the cockpit..

I suggest you read the reply made by Steve regarding the NGX in the link I provided again as well as read up on DX10 using the DX10SF. Many people are running DX10 successfully and I'm one of them.

I see now, I didn't read down the thread. In the P3D update thread RSR declares he is a convert to VC shadowing so they are certainly alive to the concept. It does enhance realism where it is available. I'm happy with that as long as it doesn't adversely affect frame rates.

I know many people successfully use DX10, but it didn't work well for me, even with the fixer. My graphics card is compatible with DX10 but maybe my system isn't up to it (or isn't good enough to see the benefit).

ki9cAAb.jpg