Sign in to follow this  
GFD150

FS2004 Live Default Weather.

What's the issue with the live default weather??? When i fly out of south Florida it is always thundering and raining even when it's not in real life. Why? I Have the real world weather selected.

The FS9 (or FS2004 ACOF, if you prefer, same-same) real-world weather seems iffy, at best, as to whether or not it's working. Seems like most of the time you get whatever is on the website the last time it decided to work. May be a year, or 5 years ago, no telling. This is all a well known and thoroughly ignored FS9 issue.

Use FSRealWX lite or full version. Freeeware, fast, and I think I saw a FPS hit of 1 once...Just have to register on the site, also free. That's it. Load up a flight, alt-tab out, load up FSRealWX, go back to the sim and have a good flight :)

Pat☺

The FS9 (or FS2004 ACOF, if you prefer, same-same) real-world weather seems iffy, at best, as to whether or not it's working. Seems like most of the time you get whatever is on the website the last time it decided to work. May be a year, or 5 years ago, no telling. This is all a well known and thoroughly ignored FS9 issue.

Use FSRealWX lite or full version. Freeeware, fast, and I think I saw a FPS hit of 1 once...Just have to register on the site, also free. That's it. Load up a flight, alt-tab out, load up FSRealWX, go back to the sim and have a good flight :)

Pat☺

I signed up for the FSRealWX. But haven't gotten my activation email. How long does that normally take?

I got mine instantly. I have noted a slight problem with certain emails though. I think it doesn't recognize the server and ignores the request. Try getting one of the freebie email addresses and try to get the confirmation with that...

Pat☺

I did a comparison between FSmetar and FSRealWX. And FSMetar came out on top. It consistently downloaded more metars than FSRealWX and when comparing the two using the same metar FSmetar's interpretation was closer. For example SCT090 was interpreted by FSRealWX as few! Also FSmetar consistently is able to render an overcast sky whereas FSRealWX has obvious gaps.