Sign in to follow this  
Hammerfs

Descent Path Deleted

Hi, I bought the PMDG 777 a few days ago and have had 2 instances of strange behavior on approaches. The first time was an approach to LFPG (Paris Charles De Gaul) Runway 26R ILS 109.10/266. Had flown a short flight from Zurich and all was well till 10NM from touchdown. Once on approach path 266 I selected LOC to capture the localiser and suddenly I got an FMC message 'Descent path deleted' I got a bit of a shock as my aircraft started to climb rapidly. I disengaged AP and Auto thrust and landed the aircraft manually. Anyway I though I would try again selecting a different runway today ..so took off from Zurich again ..no issues on flight till.. you know it... lined up perfectly om 27L 110.70/266 and once again selected LOC to capture localiser... being ready this time I wasnt suprised to get a ''Descent path deleted" notice from the FMC again.... Aircraft started to climb to my missed approach altitude...This time though I reset speed and altitude in the fmc and then selected APP after the glide slope came alive and the aircraft descended along the glide slope .. however at 500ft my I got a notice on my main display 'no autoland ' or something like 'autoland not available'.(was a bit busy so not sure what the exact message was sry).. no problem though the aircraft put me nicely on the runway but of course no flair or rollout. I was wondering if its me just not setting up correctly (which is the most likely senario) or wether there is a bug in the 777. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. By the way did the first 777 PMDG tutorial to Dubai with no descent or approach problems.

Cheers

NB

Hi

was you descending in vnav or vs mode,had you confirmed you flaps ref speed in the init ref page and was you fully configured for landing above 1500feet radio

Gary Stallard

Yup... was in vnav/lnav flaps correct as was landing ref flaps and speed.. confirmed in FMC... radio set 400ft (LFPG 395ft I think :() anyway the setup looked perfect. I do read the manual....

Other than this little hickup...... I love this 777 it just seems...powerful.

I was wondering if its me just not setting up correctly (which is the most likely senario) or wether there is a bug in the 777. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. By the way did the first 777 PMDG tutorial to Dubai with no descent or approach problems.

If you were able to do the tutorial without issue then I'd suggest that it's an error in preparation/workflow.  For one, the idea that you must use LOC before APP isn't true (it's not wholly false either, but in the real wold we have controllers vectoring you in a way that avoids glideslope issues).  I can't say why the DES PATH DELETED came up, specifically, but I have doubts that it's a bug.

Kyle Rodgers

I just flew into LFPG yesterday (26L is preferred landing so I went that way) and notice that like most US destinations the arrival ends in VECTORS and you have to manually do something to end up on final. Maybe this is related to your problem with VNAV? I usually check my route to destination using PLN view on the ND and stepping through the LEGS page on the CDU to make sure there are no surprises such as disconnects, holds I'm not gonna do or VECTORS that need manually dealt with.

Also, please not PMDG forum rules request that we use our full names in our posts... keeps things civilized. Thanks.

Dan Downs KCRP

hi, could post your full route including any Sid, star and transition as I have just done the flight without any problems,i did not use a star but just punched in 26l for the arrival.

Gary Stallard

Apologies Downscc will put full name. Hi Gary I will post full route + sid/star/trans this weekend when I get back home.

Thanks for the help guys.

Cheers

Neil Bishop