Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Cushman Meadows at Dawn with overcast and rain v2.4 DSR 2.0/33%

The following 16 shots are at Cushman Meadows (ORBX) with the Carenado Bonanza, heavy overcast, fog...rain upon departure, and eventual landing towards the coast.  This is with DSR set to 2.0 and Smoothness set to default 33%.   I can't stop flying, as this is a totally new experience in depth immersion and clarity. Smooth FPS animation, staying locked at my 30 FPS, and I still don't quite understand the tech behind this...in such as, why did nVidia wait so long to come up with this fabulous addition to their driver set. It is the 'tweak' to rule them all...no more tweaking to TRY and get clarity of texture, depth of texture...OMG!....this is beyond the 'happy dance'....  I can feel the vapor in those clouds....H.S.!  I have been buying new video cards TRYING to capture what is on the screen in these shots...and never could, before this driver set.  Look at the depth and clarity of the fries shack,...it is like you are there, passing it by....and the trees to the runway...they have such depth, that you see almost the needles on the outer branches...OMG.....this is like nothing I have EVER seen, in any sim...before this time.  I can't believe that it is all now happening on the same monitor, and the same card, that yet again...I was starting to think about a 900 series JUST to TRY to get what you see here on my Samsung 25 inch wide-screen with a native of 1920x1200.  Never going back....and there is no need to....  nVidia....you are the KING of video display, Long Live the King!

As I passed by the fries shack trailer...I could not believe how the depth-of-detail is now...I mean..look at the individual ends of the planks that make up the tops of the picnic tables...so clear and now defined, you can almost see the grain...and on, and on...as I flew...new dimension of the clouds, that makes you feel for the first time, that you passing through something. I see now, that it was always there from ORBX, from REX4 Direct, from ASN, but could not appreciate it...as my system was not giving me the premium experience it is, post DSR rendering.

P.S.  These shots STILL do NOT come close to the actual, as I have had to reduce them...blah, blah, to get below the 4.0 MB limit for the upload site. That has happened...so, whatever you see here, add 5 times the beauty and clarity,on screen live....WOW!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If anybody wants my copy of the last driver set, pre-DSR enabled...just post me...and I'll send it along to you. I have no further need of it, LOLOLOL!   :lol: