Sign in to follow this  
funflyed

Radar Contact 4 on WideFS7

I set up RC4 on a network computer and it works fine with the FS sim, however, the controllers voice and commands are played on the the other computer not on the sim computer.

Is there a way to change or project the voices onto the computer that I'm actually running the sim? I can't find anything in a manual or forum that addresses this.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Hello

What you need is connect the line out on your WideFS machine to the line in on your

FSX machine using a 3.5 to 3.5 lead.

This is the way I do it as WideFS cannot send the audio over the network.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/3-5mm-Male-Stereo-Audio-Cable/dp/B000Q6LT26/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1414170946&sr=8-3&keywords=3.5+to+3.5

I set up RC4 on a network computer and it works fine with the FS sim, however, the controllers voice and commands are played on the the other computer not on the sim computer.

Is there a way to change or project the voices onto the computer that I'm actually running the sim? I can't find anything in a manual or forum that addresses this.

Thanks in advance for the help.

The big advantage of having RC on a separate PC is that you can route the voice to your headset instead of having it mixed up with the aircraft and other sounds.  Alternatively you can route it to another speaker placed strategically to make the voice clear against all the other sounds -- I can switch mine to speakers in the overhead, for instance.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

'The big advantage of having RC on a separate PC is that you can route the voice to your headset "

How would I go about doing this?

Thanks

'The big advantage of having RC on a separate PC is that you can route the voice to your headset "

How would I go about doing this?

Thanks

Plug your headset into the client PC.

Pete

You would need  to go for the option in post #2

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I'd need that for the fsx machine.

Er, so why ask how to separate RC voice into your headset if you want all the sound in one place?

Pete

Er, so why ask how to separate RC voice into your headset if you want all the sound in one place?

Pete

I would like to have RC installed on my networked machine,fsx on my main machine and the all the sound(s) in one place :-).

Again thanks to all for the input.

Pete, thanks for the insights and i now do use this set up with headset plugged into client and other audio to the sim computer. it works very well.

I do,however, occasionally need to pipe all audio through the headsets (to keep the aircraft noice from bleeding into the house. I found a solution for this with a RadioShack 3 - 1male 3.5 audio connector. I wasnt able to find it in any store but it was avaialble on line.