Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

Something for all Orbx PNW fans out there :)

Cool video!

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

For 40 years until three years ago when I retired, the Central Coast of BC was my backyard working in the forest industry, consulting forestry and first nations treaty negotiations.  I never refer to any of this area as the great bear rain forest which might offend some folks...its either the north, central or south coast geographically...and there is a hell of a lot more than bears in these areas.

The forest industry opened up this area for the rest of the world to enjoy.   Many fishing camps and so called eco-tourism lodges are located at old logging camps or similar sites and often use the logging roads for access and egress.  And its good that there have been a change in values where the forest industry is in equal seating with recreational exploits.

I used to say almost every day as I climbed and roamed around these areas, some people pay a lot of money to do this and just think I get paid to do it.

Great video.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

How do you get there ? I want to take a trip with X plane.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Sweet video. Awesome scenery. Very fortunate to have that a few hours from my backyard.  

Thanks

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

How is the Pacific Fjords scenery?  Honestly, I've always been on the sidelines on it.  I just think about the beauty of that area and look at the photos of the scenery and it looks kind of blah.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

The airports are first class, the scenery is as good as orbx, and.. without it, you have a hole in your coverage..

Bert

The airports are first class, the scenery is as good as orbx, and.. without it, you have a hole in your coverage..

I was talking about Orbx...is that what you were referring to or are you thinking of Tsongas Fjords?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

Absolutely magnificent!  And so totally different from my part of the world in Southeast New Mexico. although I do fly PNW and PFJ a lot.

I spent over half of my 81 years backpacking the Rockies from New Mexico to Montana as well as California and a trip once to the Olympic Peninsula.

But I'm a desert rat at heart.  Open sky country.  And 100+ mile visibilities almost every day. 

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

Absolutely magnificent! And so totally different from my part of the world in Southeast New Mexico. although I do fly PNW and PFJ a lot.

I spent over half of my 81 years backpacking the Rockies from New Mexico to Montana as well as California and a trip once to the Olympic Peninsula.

But I'm a desert rat at heart. Open sky country. And 100+ mile visibilities almost every day.

Noel

Noel, are you saying that Orbx Pacific Fjords is excellent or the real fjords?  I could just imagine (and I'm hugely jealous that you've been hiking all over them!) that the real ones would be amazing.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

I've never hiked in the Pacific Northwest except on one trip to the Olympic Peninsula.  All of my hiking has been in the Rocky Mountains and in the Sierras in California before I left home and joined the Marines.  When I was 16 my Dad took me backpacking into the Sierras and we didn't see a soul for over a week.  When my kids were in their teens we lived in Denver and did several backpacks in the mountains every summer.  But for me backpacking was a support system for back country fly fishing.

I have Orbx's PNW and PFJ and SAK.  I think they are marvelous.  PFJ covers most of what FSAddon's Misty Fjords did.  You need FSAddon's Tongass Fjords for FSX to fill the gap between PFJ and Orbyx's Southern Alaska.  It fits perfectly.  I also have FSAddon's Vancouver for FSX which fits in perfectly.  Both Tongass Fjords and Vancouver add a lot of ai float plane traffic to the area.

As if that wasn't enough Misty Moorings has a load of freeware sceneries for the area tailored to Orbx sceneries and includes more ai float plane traffic and even a lot of shipping traffic and ai boats.

So if you are into bush flying British Columbia and Southern Alaska there is a cornucopia of scenery and traffic for the area.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

mmkay...I've been slow to join bush flying.  Maybe Misty Moorings would be a good place to start finding destinations.

Gregg Seipp