Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

Something for all Orbx PNW fans out there :)

How is the Pacific Fjords scenery?  Honestly, I've always been on the sidelines on it.  I just think about the beauty of that area and look at the photos of the scenery and it looks kind of blah.

Gregg

Hi Gregg

Any ORBX scenery is fantastic, I own all the NA scenery they have to offer, PFJ is a real beauty and together with RTMM it gets even better, very highly recomended!

I am a recent convert. I just did CYXS-CAV4-CBZ9-CYPZ-CAM5-CYYD-CBQ8-CYXT-CYPR in the A2A C182. I am still stunned that I could follow the vfr charts and identify roads, rivers and lakes. The whole flight was done without using moving map or gps. All done vfr only, and it is testament to the scenery, it's accuracy is mind boggling.

I am a recent convert. I just did CYXS-CAV4-CBZ9-CYPZ-CAM5-CYYD-CBQ8-CYXT-CYPR in the A2A C182. I am still stunned that I could follow the vfr charts and identify roads, rivers and lakes. The whole flight was done without using moving map or gps. All done vfr only, and it is testament to the scenery, it's accuracy is mind boggling.

Wow...how long did that take?

Hi Gregg

Any ORBX scenery is fantastic, I own all the NA scenery they have to offer, PFJ is a real beauty and together with RTMM it gets even better, very highly recomended!

I have most of them in the US + Squamish...little afraid of VAS for Jefferson and Israel's Farm.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Wow...how long did that take?

Hi Greg, we flew at least two sectors per night, so it took about 3 or 4 sessions....to be honest, am a bit sad it is over...we had a ball. We followed the VFR and WAC charts from Skyvector, managed to identify just about every road, railroad track, lake or river. That's when we decided to delete the GPS and do it the proper way...VFR only.

Great fun.

I began bush flying with FS9 and FSAddon's Misty Fjords and Tongass Fjords and Holgers magnificent Alaskan freeware scenery.

FSX and Orbx (and FSAddon's Tongass Fjords for FSX) makes it even that much better.

An interesting rather short flight is to takeoff from Wrangell and fly into Bronson Creek BC.  In a DC-3 or 4 a 270 degree approach is required to get into Bronson Creek.  Quite challenging.

I must add the RTMM's Cambria Ice Field Research Stations are made to order for bush flying the Maule on skis.  Several such stations spread out over the glaciers can make a pleasant afternoon of ski plane operations.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.