Sign in to follow this  
~Craig~

Can you help a new P3D2.4 user with Vsync please?

Hi folks,

I made the 'jump' as it were this evening and bought P3D2.4.    I'm just in the process of setting it all up and generally things were going well, until I came across one BIG showstopper :-

I cannot get Vsync working in P3D2.4 under any circumstances.  :(          I'm using an ATI 7850 GB card.

I've tried the Vsync settings within P3D2.4, and also the Vsync settings within ATI CCC (and a combination of both), and even downloaded RadeonPro, which I thought was going to save my day ....... but even with the Vsync fix applied in the "Tweaks" page of RadeonPro, I still have dreadful tearing.

I use TrackIR so tearing is hugely more obvious.     In FSX, I have the Vsync fix applied to the fsx.cfg file, which provides perfect Vsync.  I even tried that tweak in the P3D.cfg, to no effect.

Can any ATI card users out there tell me how you get Vsync working in P3D2.4 please?

Thanks,

There's a tool called D3DOverrider and this works also for P3D v2.4. You've to Google for it.

Spirit

Thanks Spirit.

I discovered that the reason, in my case, was because apparantly Win 7 64 when used with an ATI card, requires that Windows Aero is enabled, for Vsync to work in P3D, and I had it de-activated it in favour of a Classic  theme.

I re-enabled Aero and now have perfect Vsync in P3D2.4

Perhaps the D3DOverrider fixes it from another angle, or without having to enable Aero.

Cheers.

Perhaps the D3DOverrider fixes it from another angle, or without having to enable Aero.

No aero needed with D3DOverrider.

Spirit