Sign in to follow this  
Appliance

FS9 - ImagineSim's Austin Released

I took the plunge, and it's pretty competently done.

Can't think why you'd want to go to this airport, other than to (virtually) see the Lewis 'n Nico show next weekend!

I have seen more architectural nous in some meatworks factories...   :o

I made some pictures here:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/454191-lone-star-state-the-capital/

This airport is the destination of many US Air Force recruits on their way to bootcamp at Lackland AFB.

Regards,

Joe Esposito

Ah yes...I thought I might spice things up a bit with some military traffic - there are "Mil Cargo" parking places everywhere!

What are the likely visitors?

My understanding is the recruits arrive on commercial flights and are placed on busses for the trip to Lackland. Someone with a better working knowledge of the process may be able to add a sharper focus though.

Regards,

Joe Esposito

Looks good but I just wonder if anyone else feels like me about the price of this addon? It retails for EUR 29.74 (about US$ 40) at SImmarket, which seems a little steep for what would certainly not be considered a mega-airport by any means, and the FSX version has to be bought separately, adding significantly to the cost if you run both platforms!

Great however to see new products being developed for FS9 but I suspect this one, because of it's price, may be a niche offering.

Bill

Looks good but I just wonder if anyone else feels like me about the price of this addon? It retails for EUR 29.74 (about US$ 40) at SImmarket, 

That's the "taxable" price; without VAT it's more like $31.50 USD, which is high but not uncommon for other new release sceneries from them, like Shanghai, which is still the same price as Austin.  I'll probably get it, as there's not a lot of payware stuff available for the Central time zone.  

John G.

That's the "taxable" price; without VAT it's more like $31.50 USD, which is high but not uncommon for other new release sceneries from them, like Shanghai, which is still the same price as Austin.  I'll probably get it, as there's not a lot of payware stuff available for the Central time zone.

Unfortunately many of us have to pay VAT!!

I can accept that Shanghai might be more expensive as it is a much larger airport than KAUS and therefore would require more development effort, but it does seem to me that recently there has been significant increase in asking prices by a number of developers, not always seemingly justified by the size of the airport they are selling.

Bill

but it does seem to me that recently there has been significant increase in asking prices by a number of developers, not always seemingly justified by the size of the airport they are selling.

Perhaps it is not up to them.  Maybe simMarket et al sets the price ... remember they need to get their pound of flesh as well.

I agree however greed appears to be a motivator today.

ImagineSim's products aren't bad, but I think they're asking too much.  There's other designers who give you a lot more detail and quality for your money.  I'm glad we have the freedom to choose.

Mike

Mike Franks

Hi fellow simmers, I just wanted to chime in about KAUS, I live about 30 miles from this airport and will probably get this one when it comes down in price. I wanted to add why Austin is a destination for some people.

Its the Capital of Texas

U.T. football--Hookem horns lol

South by Southwest Music event

Music Capital, ie 6th street, 

Austin city limits tv show, and many more things to do, but i don't want to seem like i am bragging lol.

It looks nice.  I hope they make KPHX being as there is nothing good available of payware quality.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

It looks nice.  I hope they make KPHX being as there is nothing good available of payware quality.

Me too, especially since their predecessor outfit made a scenery for PHX long ago.  I have the FlightBeam version for FSX, which is great, but unfortunately that's not my heavy-iron sim at the moment.  I do enjoy the Mach1 scenery for FS9 however, as that's one of their best efforts, and very nearly payware quality.

John G.

I thought I might spice things up a bit with some military traffic
...and so I did, by butchering one of the MAIW packs.

The PC-12s are called U28A in USAF parlance, apparently.

i89SsA.jpg

The somewhat austere look of the place is somewhat explained: until 20 years ago, it was called Bergstrom Air Force Base. It was closed down, and and so was Austin's civilian airport Robert Mueller Municipal Airport.

The civvies came to the made-over Austin–Bergstrom International Airport KAUS (if I understand Wikipedia correctly)

I took the plunge, and it's pretty competently done.

Can't think why you'd want to go to this airport, other than to (virtually) see the Lewis 'n Nico show next weekend!

I have not bought the scenery but I'll be there to witness the Nico and Lewis battle. Hoping Lewis wins the WDC.

Sorry for the off topic.  ^_^