Sign in to follow this  
Appliance

FS9 - ImagineSim's Austin Released

Odds are he will.

He's pumped up, totally motivated, and on a roll.

Back at the airport, I removed the sneaky little GA traffic file

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Imagine Simulation\KAUS Austin 2014 FS2004\scenery\traffic_imaginesimKAUS.bgl"

since the Mooneys and C172's were taking up too many arrival slots.

Also removed every second GA parking row to make room for my UGA Gulfstreams, and the like.

Also, a few helipads for the Flight1 AI helos (small altitude tweak needed I see)

KZjMCe.jpg

Much better.

Add a little live KAUS ATC from LiveATC.net... quite a nice little play, with the arsenal of toys available to the casual FS9 simmer.

I have not bought the scenery but I'll be there to witness the Nico and Lewis battle. Hoping Lewis wins the WDC.

Sorry for the off topic.  ^_^

I am flying in on Friday.  Just did GA passes this year but think I have some pit passes coming :)  Let's go Lewis!  

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

This airport is the destination of many US Air Force recruits on their way to bootcamp at Lackland AFB.

Lackland is in San Antonio. I flew into San Antonio when I went. Don't know why they would bus them all that distance when the airport in San Antonio is so close. I think you are incorrect.

Richie Walsh

Lackland is in San Antonio. I flew into San Antonio when I went. Don't know why they would bus them all that distance when the airport in San Antonio is so close. I think you are incorrect.

Then I stand corrected.

Regards,

Joe Esposito

Just a couple more - there's quite a nice B737 hop to be made from Taxi2gate's Orlando to here.

Now that my TDS panel is fixed, the Boeing MAX looks good on the ground as well.

On which topic, the docking system is unusual and nicely done, with green/amber/red getting you exactly on the spot.

AaZGjG.jpg

And, from a cockpit perspective, very convincing apron drainage channels!

XaQvT2.jpg

I'm torn.  I lived 35 years in Texas and have a Sister-in-Law living in the Austin area.  I've traveled dozens of times between Dallas and Austin.  The airport looks well-done ...... but $30 U.S. well-done?  I just don't know.  That's a lot of money at this stage of my life to spend on a secondary airport.  I just can't pull the trigger on it yet.

I just can't pull the trigger on it yet.

I'm in the same boat gwillmot.  

I have a feeling Cal and several other developers will be nervously awaiting the sales figures and possibly drawing the conclusion that FS9 is dead; whereas the truth is the price asked for the lesser airport they elected to develop, is the main culprit.  :mad:

In the same vein I wonder whether the forthcoming Prestwick will be successful for Gary outside the UK?

Maybe the higher price is because it's for FS9? I have heard other developers say that it cost more to make scenery for FS9 and that's why they stopped making FS9 scenery.

I have a feeling Cal and several other developers will be nervously awaiting the sales figures and possibly drawing the conclusion that FS9 is dead; whereas the truth is the price asked for the lesser airport they elected to develop, is the main culprit. :mad:

Why is Austin a "lesser airport"?  Not a major hub, sure, but "lesser"?  There are some of us who really, really appreciate having more well done regional airports and who are willing to pay for them if they're good.

Good regional airports are always going to attract a smaller audience than a major hub will, so they're going to require somewhat higher prices.  I'm OK with that in order to get more and better regionals, which are the airports I'm more interested in.

Will give this one a serious look.

Scott

Not a major hub, sure, but "lesser"?

Scott you have answered your own question, by definition.

I have most of the payware airports developed for FS9,  Major, minor/lesser/regional ... most of them.   Now on a fixed income I have to be more selective on what I purchase for my hobby/pastime/obsession.  At the moment I am hanging out for Beijing, Istanbul, Kuala Lumpur and Warsaw,  all majors and the last remaining for FS9; since I am a world flyer rather than a regional/country/continental one.  

My wish list at simMarket presently includes a smattering of lesser airports at lesser prices, I would add, than Cal is charging for Austin.  Now I realise Cal, and Gary,  are essentially one man bands and entitled to a fair return on their investment in time and effort.  So are many other developers.

In the case of the forthcoming Prestwick, for example,  UK2000 normally charge a little less for regionals ... fair enough.  But why would I buy that when Ryanair, Prestwick's sole airline, is moving its operations to Glasgow in preference following the recent nationalisation of Prestwick?  It's going to be a cargo-only airport shortly and therefore less attractive to acquire unless cargo is your sole interest.

Also all things are relative.  Austin's 'measly' 10 million passengers see it 36th in the USA but would place it as the 5th busiest airport in the UK.   :rolleyes:

In the end, as ever,  "you pays your money,  you make your choice."

I subscribe to the view that, if you want it, pay the man.

If you cannot afford it, then it doesn't exist in your world.

I read magazine articles describing Bugatti Veyron and the like, in the same vein.

You guys don't get horrible stuttering at Austin?  Not sure what it is but I have FPS going from 100 to 18 whereas I go to KEWR and it is locked at 60.

Not sure what the issue is as I did find a few textures without mips but none without Alpha.  Just a massive stutter fest. 

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Speaking as a former Air Force member, actually we fly into San Antonio International Airport and then get bussed over to Lackland AFB.  The reason for the military traffic at KAUS (my home airport) is because of :

1) Fort Hood to the North

2) Have a relatively large National Guard presence at the airport instead of the relatively insecure area around Camp Mabry

I did buy the scenery and the first thing I noticed is that the AFCAD is off pretty bad on the assignments.  I just don't know where to start :)

Regards,

Brian

As a fellow Texan, I'm happy to know that Austin Bergstrom is being spotlighted. I'm actually from San Antonio, but I don't think there are any payware sceneries of KSAT.

Mark