Sign in to follow this  
Crimson_Ghost138

VRInsight Tac & Toggle Switch Panel: Layers?

Hi there!

I´m planning on buying a VRInsight Tac&Toggle Switch Panel for use in FSX and DCS World (A10c & Blackshark), and i´m wondering if its possible to use it in multiple layers?

So lets say you program all the buttons and switches, and leave one button for switching layers, and then you change to the second or even third layer of buttons...that would be awesome and i do this with my G940 and even with my abused Traktor Kontrol X1 Midi Controller as well and it works great (if you remind which functions are on which layer ^^)

So, is this possible in the VRinsight Software, or maybe by a 3rd party software product like FSUIPC or something?

Thanks for info :)

Greetings from austria!

It doesn't come with any software, it's a joystick only type device that uses the default Windows joystick interface. You can do things like you want with any joystick in FS with FSUIPC, but it's a fairly complex process that requires manual editing of configuration files. I've no idea if it's possible in DCS as I dont have it.

Cheers, Andy.

Thanks for your answer :)

I have another question: I´ve read that you can only use the on/off toggle switches for either turning something ON, like Landings Light, but not OFF anymore, and you have to map a SECOND Toggle to turn it off again. The Solution i´ve found for this was to buy FSUIPC and to make a special remapping....

Is this true and the only possible solution for this?? Why do hardware producers sell products with functions, that can´t even be fully used without a external program,which costs another 28€ ??

So in fact you have to buy the Controller AND FSUIPC if you want it to work correctly as it should, right?

Thx for any info on that :) As soon as i got everything solved i will order one ^^

That's not really true, it depends on the aircraft/sim you are using and how the developer has assigned functions. It is highly recommended that you purchase FSUIPC for FSX/P3D though, as it will allow you to utilise all your joystick type hardware in a much better way than you can without.

Cheers, Andy.