Sign in to follow this  
jt_williams

Beech Boy 2 has arrived in Melbourne

To kick-off the MacRobertson Modern Era event I decided to attempt the full MacRobertson in one using the PMDG Boeing 777LR.

EGUN%2BDeparture.jpg

I started the flight last night and flew up to cruise altitude before heading off to bed.  When I checked the status of the flight in the morning everything was running fine in the sim, but the Duenna had disconnected. I reconnected Duenna and got some red indications but the tracking site continued to show progress.  I then left for work.  When I came home this evening the flight was paused at Top of Descent as planned, but the Duenna had disconnected from FSX again.  I reconnected the Duenna, un-paused the sim and started my descent and landed without incident in Melbourne (YMEN).  The actual flying time was about 18.5 hours but Duenna reported 20hrs 40min of flight time because of the pause at TOD.  The disconnected Duenna also resulted in errors causing the red (invalid) jpg summary.  

post-116318-0-34092800-1414191325.jpg

FlightLog_18-10-48.TXT

I think this may be my longest flight in FSX.

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Jeff.....

But it's a red Duenna!  Lack of communication it says. Both between FS & Duenna, and, the pilot and FS!  LOL :LMAO: Sleepy time.. Duenna knows this!  

"Miss Lorraine" made it to Mildenhall from Reykjavik too. A 520 nm stint over the ocean w/ no NDB, just let mother nature do its thing. By the time I got the signal for the NDB @ Benbecula it required a ~ 20* tracking change.

Front row parking for the big start!

http://fs-duenna.com/flights/ShowFlight.php?detail=flight&value=NZ8N44ekiYsyq3VYe1FdvDD5Z48

EDIT - After doing all the experimenting w/ P3D and such my flight is considered invalid. Dag nummit! Forgot to reset Duenna to the stock state for FSX usage! Taking care of this now!

I do not own P3D!

Info: Specified Configuration-File: C:\Users\Main Dude\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\prepar3d.cfg

EDIT AGAIN - It is valid - kind of.  Duenna did know what simulator I was using therefore it's all good.

Flight Simulator:         FSX

It won't happen again.  

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Excellent job, Beech Boy 2!

After you suggested it I am hoping to try the same thing, except I'll be going direct from Gatwick, my home airport.  Due to work travel I couldn't do it before the race start, so I'm planning to fly it immediately after I fly our first leg this afternoon.

I guess that means I'm Beech Boy 1 then?

Gee Ron,  Next you'll be telling us to quit our Beech'n :smile:

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Beech Boy 1 has also arrived in Melbourne (a bit late) on a special direct 777 flight from Gatwick... and with a green duenna.  Certainly the longest single flight I have ever done in FS.

FlightLog_12-35-31.JPG?dl=0

Well done, Nick.

Now... as for your teammate.  If you could get him to re-fly that leg and post a *cough* green duenna.  Also, let him know there is a hard ceiling of 40,000'.

@ Ron... did you get those grass textures installed yet?

@ Ron... did you get those grass textures installed yet?

I've pondered this long and hard....I don't know what you mean, I've lost the code book. :(

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Ahah! I didn't see that post. I've downloaded them and I'll see what I think. They look a little like the REX grass textures that I already have, maybe a tad lighter. Ah'll checkem ayut. (Like my Arkansas accent? Love your cockney, I mean East London accent. :good: )

I just wasn't sure if those would suffice, or if I would have to request something from the Orbx forum.

Hey,

Some hooligans have come in and hijacked my thread.

:smile2:  

26aLetj.png

(Like my Arkansas accent?

Perfect!

Some hooligans have come in and hijacked my thread.

we ain't givin' it back and deres nuttin you can do 'bout it.

we ain't givin' it back and deres nuttin you can do 'bout it.

Yeah.