Sign in to follow this  
byork

FS2Crew 777 Help, Troubleshooting, FAQS

FS2Crew 777 Help, Troubleshooting, FAQs:

Please see the FS2Crew Trouble Shooting section at this link:

http://www.support.fs2crew.com/help/manuals/#pageid=troubleshooting5

Summary of most common problems:

Problem:  During the install, I received an error message related to the Options Ini file.

Solution:

You have a write permission issue or you never ran the 777 at least once before installing FS2Crew.  The PMDG 777 Options.ini file is missing.

Run FSX/P3D with Admin rights.  Right click on the FSX/P3D.exe file in your main FSX/P3D folder and select "Always run as an administrator" in the Compatibility tab.

Then run the PMDG 777 one time and exit FS.  That will create the 777 Options.ini file.

Then re-install FS2Crew 777

Problem:  I can't open the downloaded zip file.

Solution:

Your download is corrupt.  It probably timed out.  Try downloading again later.  The file on the FS2Crew server is not corrupt.  The internet can sometimes be unstable, especially if you are in a remote location. If push comes to shove, try downloading from a different location, and saving the file to a thumb drive.

Problem:  Soft Mute Doesn't Stay On when I press my Joystick Button

Solution:

In the FSX Controls menu, make sure the "Repeat" slider for the associated event is set to full (full right).

Problem:  I assigned a button to open the FS2Crew Main Panel, and nothing happened.

Solution:

1. Did you 'enable' FS2Crew via the FS2Crew 777 Config Manager?

2. If so, are you running FSX with Admin rights?  If not, Windows may be 'blocking' the FS2Crew Config Manager from updating the 777's panel.cfg file with the FS2Crew entries.

3. If your 777 panel.cfg has FS2Crew entries on (you can open the 777 panel.cfg file with Notepad to check), then re-assign the FS2Crew open main panel button to a different key as you may have a conflict.  I use the "N" key personally.

4. You can also test if FS2Crew is on your panel.cfg file by opening the FS2Crew Main Panel via the 'Views -> Instrument Panels' option in the FSX menu.

5. Did you even assign the right button?  It's this one:

http://www.support.fs2crew.com/help/manuals/#pageid=opening_and_closing_the_main_panel5

Problem:  I'm getting an SDK error message.

Solution:

See the Trouble Shooting section in the on-line manual for detailed info.

This is usually the result of not having the ultralight/trike as the default aircraft.  NEVER USED SAVED SITUATION FLIGHTS!  Even PMDG recommends against them.

Problem:  FSPassengers doesn't work.

Solution:

The 777 has the same problem as the NGX I'm afraid with FSPassengers.

Please send us a Support Ticket with your Order #.  We'll send you a modified panel.cfg file.

Problem:  I can't close the FS2Crew Main Panel.

Solution:

Press the LK button on the FS2Crew Main Panel to unlock it.  The panels are 'locked' open by default because otherwise they will automatically close anytime you change cameras.

Problem:  Where did the FS2Crew Config Panel go?

Solution:

Press the CFG button on the FS2Crew Main panel to cycle through all the various Config Options.  The Config Options are now built directly into the Main Panel display.

Problem:  I'm getting no Audio.

Solution:

1. Re-install FS2Crew.  DO NOT CLICK CANCEL DURING THE INSTALL!!!

2. Reboot your computer.

3. When you re-install, make sure no programs are running in the background.

4. If you want to use a headset, select the headset audio device on the CFG sub-screen (FS2Crew Main Panel - CFG button), then press HS on the FS2Crew Main Panel.

5. Update your Audio drivers. 

6. Send us a Support Ticket via: www.fs2crew.com

7. Ensure your USB devices aren't going "to sleep".

Problem:  I'm using P3D V4 and I'm having major voice recognition problems.

Solution:

1.Check your "Voice Capture" device in the P3D V4 audio options menu.  It can interfere.

Problem: In P3D V4, the FS2Crew window expands when I cycle between full screen and windowed mode.

Solution:

Open the 777 panel.cfg file with Notepad.

It's located here:

Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 777-200LR\panel\panel.cfg

Scroll down to "Window 20".

Delete this line:

Sizeable=0

You can do that for any other FS2Crew windows.

Hi

I just downloaded but i can not hear the fo at all. I looked in the troubleshoot area but i still cant fix it. All my other fs2crew fo's come through loud and clear. Any help?

Ashley allen

I just downloaded but i can not hear the fo at all. I looked in the troubleshoot area but i still cant fix it. All my other fs2crew fo's come through loud and clear. Any help?

Press the "A.Test" button on the FS2Crew Main Panel.

You should hear "left speaker test, right speaker test".

You hear that?

Hi,

No i do not hear that. I have the ngx and q400 fs2crew pack but they work fine. Is there any difference in how the sound works between the 777 and the others?

Ashley allen

No i do not hear that. I have the ngx and q400 fs2crew pack but they work fine. Is there any difference in how the sound works between the 777 and the others?

No, the system is exactly the same.

Please send me a Support Ticket.

Read the manual chap, you need to assign a key in fsx settings

Gary Stallard

I do it, but the main Panel doesn´t open yet. I see an issue in the manual. You use the German translation same  for both, secondary button and open button for the Main Panel "Propeller Segelstellung"

Roland

No sound for me either - I've pressed the A.Test button but don't hear anything. I followed the Troubleshooting steps but no joy.

I do it, but the main Panel doesn´t open yet. I see an issue in the manual. You use the German translation same  for both, secondary button and open button for the Main Panel "Propeller Segelstellung"

Roland

The function you should assign a button for is "Automatische Anstellwinkelverstellung (ein/aus)". This opens and closes the FS2Crew window.

Best regards from EDDL, Germany

Hi, I check it now and the Panel opens, but now it doesn´t close .I put the cursor on the screw - nothing happend and also when I use the assign Button of my joystick ?

Roland

No sound for me either - I've pressed the A.Test button but don't hear anything. I followed the Troubleshooting steps but no joy.

I submitted a ticket - #G47-GPU-95M6

I submitted a ticket - #G47-GPU-95M6

I too was having this problem.  Used the Config manager to disable FS2Crew voice,   uninstalled, rebooted, re-installed, works like a dream.

Kevin

-.- . ...- .. -.
Kevin Conlon
Pharmacist, Pilot and Parrot Head

I9-9900K  4.9GHz | RTX 2080 TI FE | 27" Asus Monitors x 3| MSI Z370 | Crucial M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x 2 | Toshiba HDD 2TB | WDC HDD 2TB | 32 GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10