Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

25OCT14 - First Glance at PMDG 777-200 for Prepar3D

The forum you are looking for is apart of the avsim forums, there is a whole section dedicated to P3D.

I know, except that section and other forums are so big it's not easy to find what you want.  On the other hand, someone who has been using P3D for sometime should be able to point me in the right direction more easily ... rather than being rude about it.

most scenery from FSX works, you can install AI like WOAI or IVAO, or UT ect.

So, you don't need to convert them and they will work straight away in P3D?

Regards, Harry

Harry Sung

I know, except that section and other forums are so big it's not easy to find what you want.  On the other hand, someone who has been using P3D for sometime should be able to point me in the right direction more easily ... rather than being rude about it.

Regards, Harry

Hes not being rude - just stating a fact that's all

===========================================

Yes a ton of scenery works and I suggest Ultimate Traffic 2 for P3D  - you will need to buy Estonia migration tool to load most fsx stuff that does not have a P3D specific installer

Rich Sennett

Gents-

At the moment I am lavishing attention on Prepar3D in this forum simply because this is the most recent forum update, and it is attracting traffic- but I want to make a point clear in case anyone mistakes the state of the seas:

We have never tolerated "my sim is better than your sim" conversations in this forum.  This policy goes back to the late 90s, before a number of you were born...  If you would like to be helpful toward folks who are new to a sim that you are comfortable with- by all means please be helpful.

If you wander into "that sim sucks/is bad/never worked" etc- you might wind up being a test pilot for my new adjustable amperage forum user containment device....

(Had one fellow try my patience already tonight- he is the one over there in the corner drooling...I accidentally left the amperage knob all the way to the right... oops...)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Bryns radar gauge   [gum.co/bryn.”]

I have been using it for a couple months, it works perfect in the B737 for me.

Jfriz

That's a 2D window pop up, isn't it?

Thanks,

Dirk.

Yo lo único que deseo es que esta joya sale a la venta para poder disfrutar de ella  :lol:

Lo siento mi mala Inglés

Regards, Harry

I have been using P3D for some time, as with every thing I have learned about Flight sim, ive never asked any one for guidance, ive located and learned every thing my self, i see the same thing as VATSIM ATC Instructor, people want to have every thing in front of them, instead of going about finding it them self, this used to cause my assessments to go from a simple half hour test, to me having to spend the next 3 hours of my night trying to explain to the student, why they haven't passed, and why they needed to put more effort in to their own learning, this is half the reason why i always hate, "can i have a link for that" why should some one else go and get the information for you.

There is nothing that needs to be modified with the scenery, the only thing is when it comes to installers, Native FSX installers are looking for a FSX installation, if they cant find it, it wont install.

There are 3 options

Pay money to flight sim Eastonia and get their migration tool, this is what i use

Install it into FSX then copy it over to P3D

Or create dummy FSX CFG's and EXE's to fool the installers into thinking you have FSX installed (the flight sim Estonia migration tool does that) FYI they also have a forum, dedicated to P3D

Regards

Kirk

Rob, what about the MD11 ? is it ever gonna make it to P3D ? 

Nope, they said that they were not doing that one, somewhere in the P3D thread, don't have the time to go look it up now but it is in there somewhere lol.

Kind regards

Rob, what about the MD11 ? is it ever gonna make it to P3D ? 

Captains,

Release of new products being developed under the PMDG Classics product line are also under consideration for release as P3D titles.  PMDG does not intend to release any of our legacy products such as the PMDG MD-11 or PMDG 747-400X into the P3D platform.

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

Well as someone who was about to purchase the NGX for FSX and was looking closely at the 747 I guess I will wait for the P3D versions now.

Good work PMDG!

Barry Hicks

From EGFF to YSSY

I wonder how many flight simmers ACTUALLY qualify to use Prepar3D under the terms stipulated in the EULA? I'll tell you....NONE! Because Prepar3D is a training aid and flight simmers use flight simulator as a hobby. Hobby equals entertainment, not training. I'm sure PMDG is going to have similar terms in their EULA as Prepar3D does in theirs. I did some research when the hype about Prepar3D took off a while ago and this is a simple example of the terms of use. If a real world pilot use flight simulator for both training and hobby, and have both FSX and Prepar3D on the same computer. The only time they can use Prepar3D, is when they're using it for training. Example, recurrency training and nothing else. Students can only use it for research and study, nothing else. If you want to be sure, ask LM if flying an aircraft from point A to B and simulating what airline pilots do, for your enjoyment, is acceptable use of the software. If they say yes, then Prepar3D might be the next sim. Otherwise, it's not!

I dont know you're situation but I bet you're be one of those "Im not buying it" guys who end up being one of the first to buy PMDG P3D 

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I dont know you're situation but I bet you're be one of those "Im not buying it" guys who end up being one of the first to buy PMDG P3D 

He's clarifying public knowledge that everyone seems to be ignoring about the sims. I don't see any reference to "I'm not buying it." People all accused me of being 'against' P3D, too, but I was only doing the same. In fact, I have both programs on my computer (but I also qualify for the RW pilot use case and have purchased the Professional License, accordingly).

There are many people in the hobby who think P3D is for everyone. It's not. LM makes this very clear on their own. That's all he was saying.

...although I do agree with your main point. When I worked at the airport people would claim they'd never fly the airline I worked for ever again. Sure enough, next week I was putting them on another flight of ours.

Kyle Rodgers

There are many people in the hobby who think P3D is for everyone. It's not. LM makes this very clear on their own. That's all he was saying.

you mean: "Prepar3d PROUDLY WELCOMES CAPTAIN SIM swocasing their 777 Pro Line Product"....?

I'm joking but:

it is enough about this speeches......we want to talk about 777 and p3d news and updates when there will be.... in the mean time: GO PMDG GO whatever will be the lawful acquirer

He's clarifying public knowledge that everyone seems to be ignoring about the sims. I don't see any reference to "I'm not buying it." People all accused me of being 'against' P3D, too, but I was only doing the same. In fact, I have both programs on my computer (but I also qualify for the RW pilot use case and have purchased the Professional License, accordingly).

...although I do agree with your main point. When I worked at the airport people would claim they'd never fly the airline I worked for ever again. Sure enough, next week I was putting them on another flight of ours.

I understand his legal point, but cmon. Do YOU honestly think HE will resist getting it for P3D?

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Ok guys I'm looking on this thread each day for factual info about the release. But all I keep seeing is the same people arguing over and over about the precise thing Mr Randazoo said was prohibited from being discussed on this forum!!

David Thwaites