Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

25OCT14 - First Glance at PMDG 777-200 for Prepar3D

Thanks Kyle but waiting another year or two is not something I am looking forward to

I don't think anyone would be looking forward to that, honestly.

Kyle Rodgers

So any release for p3d is not going to happen soon?

It depends ...

Do you mean a normal "soon" (answer is "no")?

Or do you mean a "PMDG soon" (answer is "yes, it will happen soon")

:P  :lol:

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It depends ...

Do you mean a normal "soon" (answer is "no")?

Or do you mean a "PMDG soon" (answer is "yes, it will happen soon")

:P  :lol:

I mean like before the end of this year, like they said before.

I mean like before the end of this year, like they said before.

hmmm... I do not think that is a "PMDG soon" .... ;)

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

Wow, this went fast...

My 2 cts? I think PMDG can hardly blame anyone for trying to run their software in a P3D environment, legal or otherwise. In my opinion this is actually a compliment to both PMDG (for building excellent add-on planes) and LM (for keeping FSX alive, and actually improving it). We are seeing the future being created here...

This whole discussion will become moot once PMDG starts releasing P3D products. Until that day I keep using FSX, with the added bonus that the tension of possible CTD's at random moments creates so much excitement :-(

Martijn

Martijn Rammeloo

1) We anticipate the PMDG 777-200LR/F for P3D and the PMDG 777-300ER for P3D being released before year end.

Just a quote from the first post...

After this message I started to explore P3d. It runs better on my machine then FSX. And I love the shadows moving around the flightdeck. But I really want to fly PMDG aircraft. 

and this has essentially put forward motion toward the P3D platform on hold.
This is more than disappointing. I moved to P3D, without ever purchasing the NGX, very early in the platform's development and I've been  hopeful that I would be able to one day have a PMDG simulation to enjoy. I have come to this forum almost daily looking for the news that the 777 is available for P3D users. There are alternatives which I have been reticent to purchase and as of the start of this thread, I was happy to have held off. Now this tidbit shows up on page 14 of the very thread that had many us happy as kids waiting for XMAS. If we are going to be looking at V3 and 64 bit before a PMDG aircraft is available for Prepar3D, Robert, please let us know now. I'll live with the alternatives until then on V2 and make the move to V3 when PMDG arrives.

James McLees

I didn't understand about user violation can have impact on Developer/Publisher, you have the license, they agree with that, if they violate, they're charge for it, right?

This is more than disappointing. I moved to P3D, without ever purchasing the NGX, very early in the platform's development and I've been  hopeful that I would be able to one day have a PMDG simulation to enjoy. I have come to this forum almost daily looking for the news that the 777 is available for P3D users. There are alternatives which I have been reticent to purchase and as of the start of this thread, I was happy to have held off. Now this tidbit shows up on page 14 of the very thread that had many us happy as kids waiting for XMAS. If we are going to be looking at V3 and 64 bit before a PMDG aircraft is available for Prepar3D, Robert, please let us know now. I'll live with the alternatives until then on V2 and make the move to V3 when PMDG arrives.

I do not criticize PMDG a lot, but now I feel 100% like you do. 

I don't understand why this came up at this stage of the development. Is the user violation not being researched before you went to work on the prepar3d version? You even showed us the pictures.

Im tired of waiting....I told my self by end of year. This is going to really suck if its a lot more time now.

I love you PMDG and respect your legal goals but im starting to get kind of annoyed and ancy...

Just break it to us. If ur pursuing litigation right now with a violator tell us when a court date is roughly setup using a generic response or something a long those lines...so we can have a 'atleast wont be out until' confirmation.

I need to look at different solutions...i have respected your releases & products and have put some great coin into them (not to mention made several others purchase them as well)

Least you can do is tell us some more info.

I promise you theres going to be someone thats going to bash this post and act like a cyber superhero and tell me how im dumb but I can assure u there are a lot more people thinking what Im thinking so Its not going to bother me.

My 2 Sunday morning cents. Thanks for reading lol. Hope it gets sorted soon! :)

Cheers gentlemen.

George Kyriazis | www.georgekonline.com

ELB729.png

Nice said, couldn't agree more! It is time to move forward.

P3D is the bright future for flightsimulation with or without PMDG.

Guys

I think Robert's post leaves more Questions than Answers! I think a official update to clarify the position for everyone is needed  :huh: and before everyone jumps on me I'm only asking not demanding :wub:

Joe Park

Instead of blaming PMDG, lay your frustration/blame at the feet of the runway incursion violators that forced PMDG in a "hold short" position.

PMDG is obligated to protect the licensing partners, investors and their business structure.

It's like blaming the victim for a crime committed against them, instead of blaming the criminal (in this case the person/s who violated their agreement with PMDG) it's that simple.