Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

25OCT14 - First Glance at PMDG 777-200 for Prepar3D

What were to happen if tomorrow I were to buy P3D, the, buy the T7 and figure out a way to install it into the sim? It's not going to happen because frankly I don't have the money,

By the time you have saved for the t7  it will be available  for download legally for p3d :P

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

"1) We anticipate the PMDG 777-200LR/F for P3D and the PMDG 777-300ER for P3D being released before year end."

At the risk of repeating myself: bwaa...no I won't or I might be punished.

Such a sad situation for the average simmer that does the right thing. Those of us that are P3D academic/PMDG home users are struggling to come to terms with the licencing issues as PMDG ventures into Prepar3d (or not). I doubt this will impact your customer base but I predict an increase in licence violations. Just saying. You can't blame people for loving the T7.

Please persist Robert. The PMDG legacy should continue and that means P3D. In the meantime, FSX lives!!

Steve McLaren

Not looking to start arguments

Me neither, I am totally on your side. However, my point was that I cannot blame people from TRYING to run a PMDG plane in P3D while waiting, but once PMDG releases a true P3D, all this will stop. In other words: just release the new planes, so we don't have to worry about people violating the EULA anymore. At least for me: I just want stuff to work right out of the box, I am done 'tweaking'.

Martijn Rammeloo

Only half a month left of 2014 and I doubt we'll see a PMDG 777 release on the Prepar3D platform this year, even though they said that they anticipated a release before year end. Don't get me wrong, I want it to be perfect, but they are certainly experts in "buying" themselves time  :rolleyes:

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Me neither, I am totally on your side. However, my point was that I cannot blame people from TRYING to run a PMDG plane in P3D while waiting, but once PMDG releases a true P3D, all this will stop. In other words: just release the new planes, so we don't have to worry about people violating the EULA anymore. At least for me: I just want stuff to work right out of the box, I am done 'tweaking'.

Boeing certainly seems to want all this to stop *before* they allow PMDG to sell P3D licenses, otherwise RSR wouldn't have to put their plans for P3D on hold at this stage.

That I can totally understand lol.   I have been one of the few lucky ones that didn't need much if any tweaking, but I know that this is not true for everyone else.   I am just sad for the P3D guys that the plans are on hold now since it really is a big let down unfortunately.   

Let's hope it doesn't bog down for too long!

Kind regards

When P3D first came on the scene Flight 1 made sure the Cessna Mustang would simply not run in P3D, v1.07 was the last installer to work correctly any F1 wrapper after that and the gauges refuse to work.

This stuff is not rocket science, just block all the further licence applications from installers out there in the wild and request that all new installs are from a new downloadble installer that will not work with P3D.

If PMDG do not with to move forward with P3D then the world will still turn.

Glynn Jones

Im not sure the move to P3D is really a smart one legal-wise.

Lets face facts, you cant use P3D for entertainment use, its against the EULA and therefore illegal. And I dare say that the majority (slim majority if you wish) will be using PMDG products on P3D for home entertainment.

This clearly goes against the agreement people have with P3D when they purchase it, and from what I gather it will also go against the PMDG EULA (from what ive read, no entertainment licence will be offerd)

Now PMDG would have to know this is going to happen, people will break laws to fly the products in this sim, it will happen (already has clearly) So they will have to police the licence purchases or hope to whatever diety they pray to that LM dont catch on and take legal action.

Just my 2c

Until P3D is 64 bit and there is a compatible PMDG product for P3D 64 bit. I will wait...we can have a bright future if we get rid of the old and get on with the new. Until then simming will remain frustrating/stagnate always "patching problems" with endless service updates, fun little windshield wipers, and FXAA like tools. Step back and look at the situation from a distance a little and you may see what I mean. 

I'm NOT a P3d user yet, but, being honest, that feels so much as an excuse. Sad to read that.

Rafael Henrique Carelli

Until P3D is 64 bit and there is a compatible PMDG product for P3D 64 bit. I will wait...we can have a bright future if we get rid of the old and get on with the new. Until then simming will remain frustrating/stagnate always "patching problems" with endless service updates, fun little windshield wipers, and FXAA like tools. Step back and look at the situation from a distance a little and you may see what I mean. 

Very well said, agree on that. :-)

but, being honest, that feels so much as an excuse.

Honestly, why would anyone want to intentionally delay a potential new revenue stream? That just makes no sense.

Moreover, when lawyers say "hold up for a second," you should generally listen. A lot of people (here and elsewhere) don't properly understand business, which is understandable since this is a flight sim forum and not one for economic and business discussion. Still, this is a business and businesses have risks: hacking, piracy, natural disasters, and a host of others, but also legal risk. One way to avoid legal risk is to avoid the risk altogether, but another is to have an ironclad way of minimizing that risk through agreements and contracts.

Think of it this way. Look back at some of the older recreational activities that are now gone or highly altered. Neighborhood pools now usually lack any sort of diving board if it was built after the 90s, trampolines now have netting around the sides (never had than when I was a kid...might explain why I'm so damaged  :P ), and playgrounds are now pretty tame (no swings, monkey bars, fall hazards, and so on, and usually made of plastic material that is more cushioning than the wood/metal it used to be). The reason for this can be directly attributed to legal risk. Judging by some of the insane dollar amounts that legal risks can take on, I can hardly blame anyone if they cite legal concerns.

Kyle Rodgers

Another way of putting it....These complainers sound like they think RSR is deliberately cutting his own nose off to spite his face. Starting to sound completely ridiculous now.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

Neighborhood pools now usually lack any sort of diving board if it was built after the 90s, trampolines now have netting around the sides (never had than when I was a kid...might explain why I'm so damaged  ), and playgrounds are now pretty tame (no swings, monkey bars, fall hazards, and so on, and usually made of plastic material that is more cushioning than the wood/metal it used to be).

Bloody lawsuits. I remember playing on the monkey bars between 1st-3rd grade. Went by my old elementary school a few months ago and they got rid of 'em. But they still have the huge slide...

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Christ, so much drama from PMDG...

Yup, agree with this one...kinda. I too have P3D and want to fly the PMDG in P3D.

Nonetheless, FSX is stable on my rig and am happy for the time being.

So for now will be flying "low and slow" in P3D especially with the Majestic Dash 8.