Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

25OCT14 - First Glance at PMDG 777-200 for Prepar3D

but if you are planning a long haul flight in the PMDG 777- I recommend stripping your scenery down to the stuff you know will interact with your flight- and turn the rest off...

I wish there was a good utility tool that that is good.. Yes...there are some tools out there...but they are not very user friendly... 

It would be one tool I would buy and pay good bucks for,

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I wish there was a good utility tool that that is good.. Yes...there are some tools out there...but they are not very user friendly... 

It would be one tool I would buy and pay good bucks for,

Search SIMSTARTER. Thats a good tool

FlyTampa converted most of its products for free. FSUIPC and REX work under P3D.

This assumes you have bought Fly Tampa for FSX, right?  What are the standard airports and AI traffic like in P3D?

It was stated a couple of times that a (time-limited) promotional price to change your platform is likely to be offered.

Can you point me to the thread, please.  Also, is there a thread with guidelines and tips on installing P3D and configuring it on Win 7 64-bit?

Cheers, Harry

Harry Sung

Search SIMSTARTER. Thats a good tool

simStarter is indeed a solution. you can make different scenery.cfgs (e.g. with freeware sceneryconfigeditor) and can make different profiles with simStarter. E.g. one for VFR with all nice small airports, road and GA traffic, more autogen etc. And another one for IFR without traffic and only large airports.

In the end, you just have to click the one or the other button to start your tailored sim

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll probably switch to P3D, and upgrade the B777 if the upgrade is around $20.     or, I might wait until the B737 is upgraded, that's what I fly most of the time.

Jfriz

For those folks wanting the radar for the B737, you know there is a radar add-on gauge that works the same as the one in the B777. except, it is not built into the panel. .

Bryns radar gauge   [gum.co/bryn.”]

I have been using it for a couple months, it works perfect in the B737 for me.

Jfriz

Can you point me to the thread, please.  Also, is there a thread with guidelines and tips on installing P3D and configuring it on Win 7 64-bit?

Cheers, Harry

Sigh, I feel like people get soo damn lazy in forums they cant be bothered to look for themself.

The thread you are after is in the same sub-forum you found this one, it is one of the 9 pinned posts.

Labled:

Lockheed Martin Prepar3D Development Status Thread - Updated 25OCT14.

There is no need for tips on P3D, it works perfect out of the box

Regards

Kirk

Sigh, I feel like people get soo damn lazy in forums they cant be bothered to look for themself.

I was more interested in P3D tweaks like Kostas for FSX and if the airports and AI aircraft that comes standard are fine or is it possible to install freeware airports and sceneries like those in FSX.

I can imagine there are many threads about P3D tweaks and tips, and a forum is general the best place to ask short of Google.

Harry Sung

Now, now be nice :Shame On You: :LMAO:

On a serious note, I want to give P3D a go at some stage.   Not too concerned about the cost involved necessarily but I am not going to build a whole new machine.   I had a look at the specs listed on the site and I have a bit more beef in my system than the recommended specs, but I have read about people complaining about it performing a little below par on more powerful systems that don't have the latest video cards.   I run a GTX 480 1.5 GB card, so I am a little scared.  

I don't care much for massive scenery settings and things, since I don't run all my sliders in FSX anywhere near the limit either, but from what I had read, P3D is a completely different beast altogether.   Lower settings will achieve similar results.   So I am a little bit uncertain about setting up P3D just yet.   The shots look great, but if the 777 does the same as it does in FSX, I may stick with FSX a while longer.   Having said that, P3D does look like it is ending FSX's life span.   Now where is the funeral march???

Kind regards

My experience with VAS and photo-scenery is that it cant ALL be loaded because I have significantly more photoscenery (hundreds of Gb) than available VAS. What it may well do is use more overall as individual unique textures are flown over and then retained in VAS? P3D2 is supposed to release VAS more efficiently than FSX, to what extent I dont know though. Ultimately it does seem possible to OOM FSX through extended exposure to photoscenery more easily than P3D2. Roll on 64bit and photoscenery users can be much happier :) Until then, whatever complex a/c or scenery we fly, we just have to be careful what we use so that we stay in the 4Gb limit....

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Wow PMDG on board with P3D and every ones jumping the fsx ship - saw that coming as it should be  

Rich Sennett

I run a GTX 480 1.5 GB card, so I am a little scared.  

I don't care much for massive scenery settings and things, since I don't run all my sliders in FSX anywhere near the limit either, but from what I had read, P3D is a completely different beast altogether.   Lower settings will achieve similar results.   So I am a little bit uncertain about setting up P3D just yet.   The shots look great, but if the 777 does the same as it does in FSX, I may stick with FSX a while longer.   Having said that, P3D does look like it is ending FSX's life span.   Now where is the funeral march???

Kind regards

Well you should be a bit concerned.  I run a GTX570 and you can't crank all the eye candy... you really have to lower settings compared to FSX.  Then again I also have a dying i5 2500K @ 4.0GHz...  Anyway I found when locked at 60 fps the default mooney makes my video card work at about 20% usage in FSX.  In P3D same scenario my GPU runs around 65%.  That's a huge difference between the sims and only with a default plane...  In Orbx NCA with GA payware / weather my fps wll drop into the teens and I've even been under 10.... not great.  But I believe it's all because of my GPU.  I plan on getting a GTX 970 when they come back in stock.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I am done with FSX and its constant problems, P3D is the way forward.

I hope you will be proven right... :unsure:

Anyway I found when locked at 60 fps the default mooney makes my video card work at about 20% usage in FSX. In P3D same scenario my GPU runs around 65%. That's a huge difference between the sims and only with a default plane...

I hope this really wont be the start of another decade of "tweaking like mad"... :ph34r:

And (or but) seriously:

FSX and P3D seem to be of the same hungry monster kind: the more you feed them (with CPU and GPU power nutrition) the hungrier they get...

My oberservation of the last months is: "less is more". If one feeds the sims only with amounts of resources they can handle, the less likely they will stumble over their own potential... B) 

I am done with FSX and its constant problems, P3D is the way forward.

FSX was a problem from day one - always has been - developers and simmers will have a much easier time of it as P3D is excellent and still being supported - I didn't leave PMDG for no reason - I know beating a dead horse but its true

Rich Sennett

I was more interested in P3D tweaks like Kostas for FSX and if the airports and AI aircraft that comes standard are fine or is it possible to install freeware airports and sceneries like those in FSX.

I can imagine there are many threads about P3D tweaks and tips, and a forum is general the best place to ask short of Google.

The forum you are looking for is apart of the avsim forums, there is a whole section dedicated to P3D.

You don't need to use that tweaking tool, and most scenery from FSX works, you can install AI like WOAI or IVAO, or UT ect.

Regards

Kirk