Sign in to follow this  

No IFR Clearance by Default ATC any more (after switching to ASN)

I have a minor problem regarding FSX's default ATC. I mainly fly the PMDG 737NGX, create my flightplan through PFPX and load it into the Sim and the FMC. The default ATC overlay menu thus always provided me with the option to request IFR clearance for my route prior to getting Taxi clearance.

Now, that option is gone and I can only request VFR clearance until I let FSX create its own IFR flight plan through the flightplanning menu, which of course doesn't match the more sophisticated flightplan created by PFPX (which remains in my FMC). The only thing I changed in the meantime was switching from Rex Weather Engine to ASN (wow!), but as far as I know, ASN can only load flight plans to predict weather and does not submit them to FSX, right?

I've tested various routes and procedures (loading/not loading routes from PFPX into ASN) and so far wasn't able to get any of them to be accepted by FSX (although they are identical to those being accepted by FSX prior to installing ASN).

I suspect ASN to be the cause, but I'm at a loss as to why that might be the case and how to fix it. Since FSX ATC doesn't understand my SIDs and STARs anyway and I largely ignore it, it's not a big deal, but somehow I find this strange. Your suggestions would be very appreciated!

Cheers from EDDK,

Dom

You need to load that flight plan made with PFPX in FSX as well. Just go on the normal flight plannig screen and load your PFPX preplanned flight (save it as .pln flie in PFPX). Then it will load up in the FSX internal ATC. Then just hit fly and you´re good to go.

Hi

After I upgraded PFPX from 1.15 to 1.16 I experienced the same issue. There is a thread on this in the PFPX support forum at the aerosoft website. Until a fix is issued the suggestion is to downgrade to 1.15.

Hope that helps

Stewart

Stewart 

Scotland, UK

@superpilotv2: Yes, I did (and have always being doing) just that, but it doesn't work anymore. FSX just won't accept the flight plan created by PFPX.

@srcraig: Thanks. I guess I updated PFPX around the same time I installed ASN, so it might be I'm having the same issue. Guess I'll just wait until they fix it, since it ain't a major problem. Appreciate the help!

Its a PFPX bug like he said above, if you take off you then get the option to file a IFR flight, very strange you also will not get a cleared to land.

PFPX bug nothing to do with ASN.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Check the box in ASN to automatically load FSX flight plans, and go to the fsx menu and load the flight plan from the menu that you exported from pfpx. Then you can request clearance.

wont work if its a PFPX 1.6 flight plan and he is using PFPX

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

@superpilotv2: Yes, I did (and have always being doing) just that, but it doesn't work anymore. FSX just won't accept the flight plan created by PFPX.

All right then. It sounded as you forgot that. If it´s an PFPX thingy, I won´t update for now. 1.15 works well enough.

Thanks guys, appreciate your help!

I hope, Pro ATC-X V2 will finally be the ATC add-on I was always dreaming of (estimated release date is Nov 2nd), so maybe no more FSX default ATC in the future...

I just started having this problem after upgrading to 1.16. Aerosoft, how on earth did you manage to let this slip past beta testing? You'd have to be blind to let something like this go unnoticed. Who flies their airliner VFR?

They don't even have 1.15 available on their site, and I never archived the update, so I don't think I can go back anymore. They should atleast have something on their page that states "sorry we screwed up your entire flight planning flow... here's a temporary fix." 

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I appreciate the link, but that workaround is pretty intensive. The ICAORegion line has coded itself at every single waypoint, so a long trip with the 777 requires a lot of editing of the PLN files. Considering the breadth and severity of the problem, I am surprised nobody from Aerosoft even spoke up on that thread.  

You should only need to remove the ICAORegion line from the departure airport, not every waypoint. 

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Ok, tried it with just the departure waypoint altered and ATC recognized the flight as IFR.

Despite implementing the ICAORegion fix for IFR flight plans, I am no longer getting landing clearances from my destination airport. Are other people with PFPX experiencing this problem on IFR flight plans too?

Note that flight plans created outside of PFPX are working correctly, landing clearances are always given. This only comes about with PFPX flight plans. They really managed to screw alot of things up with this bug... and are taking their sweet time to fix it.