Sign in to follow this  
Bjoern S.

Brief feedback after first flight

8. Due to SDK limits, FS2Crew cannot control the ground objects directly (GPU, chocks, etc). The only way FS2Crew can control these objects is by pressing

buttons on the FO's FMC.

Therefore, in order for FS2Crew to control the position of the ground objects, the FO's FMC must be powered!

So what i'm asking is if i power up the batteries and press and hold menu on the FO FMC will i then be able to ask ground to connect the GPU?

This is after i RTFM.

If you have followed the tutorial from the manual or correct flows from +54 minutes, from the cold and dark state, you would of powered up the aircraft correctly anyway, so none of that will be a problem. Some paragraphs in the manual are just giving explanations as to why things have to be how they are.

Jason Dilley

I actually debated this issue as it was brought up during beta...

In the NGX, I forced people to setup the 737's audio panel exactly as it should be in order to communicate with ground.

The problem with forcing people to do it the ultra realistic way is it generated a lot of support emails because people wouldn't read the manual, and they'd complain they can't talk to ground.

So if you want to talk to ground realistically, just flip the Service Interphone switch.

Thank you Byork, for your explanation on why this feature is missing in the 777 edition. Of course I can understand those arguments,

May I suggest to make this one configurable in a future service pack. Thus everybody who likes using the audio panel realistically can do so. Or maybe you might reimplement the possibility to open the PA-/FA-/ or GND crew window by selecting the the appropriate button at the audio panel as a somehow realistic workaround. That would be highly appreciated.

Best regards from Germany

Bjoern Siepmann

Thus everybody who likes using the audio panel realistically can do so

I Bjoern,

I can program almost anything for an update.

But I'm a bit confused.

What exactly do you want me to do with the audio panel?

I"m not sure if we're talking about the same thing...

I Bjoern,

I can program almost anything for an update.

But I'm a bit confused.

What exactly do you want me to do with the audio panel?

I"m not sure if we're talking about the same thing...

Well, in the 737 edition we had to configure the audio panel correct to be able to "talk" (or alternatively - even in the voice edition - use the prerecorded voice sets) via intercom or PA. Pushing the PA button on the audio panel brought up the fs2crew PA window - same with the GND crew. For the latter the service intercom switch needed to be set to on. I can understand that the necessity of that service intercom switch to be in the correct position caused difficulties for some users. Therefore I suggest to make the use of this switch configurable. Of course this would be an absolutely "nice to have".

I would like to be able to bring up the PA-/FA- and GND dialog windows with the respective buttons on the overhead or audio panel and thus virtually "open the channel" to the correct station I would like to speak to. This would give me the choice of either speaking or using the prerecorded voice sets for the communication via the PA or intercomm. This is possible in the B737 voice edition as far as I remember and would not only be "nice to have" but very useful and a touch more realistic than only using the buttons in the fs2crew main window.

I hope I could explane what I would like and expected to see in the 777 edition. It is not easy for me to explain as English is obviously not my native language.

Best regards

Bjoernsiepmann

I hope I could explane what I would like and expected to see in the 777 edition. It is not easy for me to explain as English is obviously not my native language.

Not I problem.  I understand now.

PA button... I can hook that up easily to the audio panel.

The 777 has no "Call FA" button on the overhead like the 737 unless I'm blind... you'd use the phone on the lower console, but the phone in the PMDG 777 doesn't have any buttons I can read.

PA request I can do for v1.1

Cheers,

No need to answer like that, He thought that you could call it up similar to other recent FS2Crew releases.

Ooops Sorry I didn't want to be rude it was just a bit of humor :)

I apologize if I hurt someone.

And no FS2crew do not handle GPU, but it seems to me that it could use the air unit this morning as I do not remember to have activated it in FSX ground options of the CDU, but I'have hear air plusing in the deck.

anyway sorry again if my words were misunderstood.

regards

Patrick Sourrouille

Nantes 44

France

Psour33,

Do not worry. No offence taken. I'm big and ugly enough to take few comments.

Bryan, i'm a bit confused. If Fs2crew does not operate the gpu,air etc why are the voice commands available? 

Unfortunately i'm a cargo hauler most of the time so i use the c&d startup alot.

Well for example today, after starting up the APU I decided as PIC I wanted GPU disconnected, so I asked FS2Crew to do so and through using the FO's FMC FS2Crew removed it for me. :)

Btw does anyone else have a problem with Hard Mute and key binding? Its the same option on FSX Controls as every other FS2Crew product but for some reason Hard Mute doesn't work no matter what key is assigned or joystick button which I usually use... only with 777 hrm, works when I have to open the panel and press Hard Mute button... 

I miss not being able to hit a button on fs2crew panel that allows me to chat with my copilot.

I miss not being able to hit a button on fs2crew panel that allows me to chat with my copilot.

Like the one in the 747 that has a jolly social chat?Yeah, I too miss that.

Well for example today, after starting up the APU I decided as PIC I wanted GPU disconnected, so I asked FS2Crew to do so and through using the FO's FMC FS2Crew removed it for me. :)

Btw does anyone else have a problem with Hard Mute and key binding? Its the same option on FSX Controls as every other FS2Crew product but for some reason Hard Mute doesn't work no matter what key is assigned or joystick button which I usually use... only with 777 hrm, works when I have to open the panel and press Hard Mute button... 

Yes I've bind both buttons ans only soft mute work, the hard do not here.

The buttons were configured before loading the plane in FSX.

Oxygen test?

No I thnink it's the instruments cooling when you plug GPU :)

About social and fun chat in cockpit the best was the ATR version from FS2crew for this.

Joke mode on

(Or maybe   FSpassenger sad but cute flight attendant entering fligh deck every 5 minutes to complain)  XD

Joke mode off

cheers

Patrick Sourrouille

Nantes 44

France

Hard mute binding is a known issue. Should be fixed in 1.1

So Fs2crew can control the gpu. If it can disconnect it must be able to connect from the c&d state?