Sign in to follow this  
Bjoern S.

Brief feedback after first flight

Well I've done my third flight now (2 buttons and my 1st voice) and everything went smooth.

It was very cool to fly the huge 777-300 with a nice flight crew.

Even I'm french (nobody's perfect) I managed to be understood by the addon engine (with some struggles).

Again thank's Brian for this nice work and thumb up for your beta team.   :)

cheers. :rolleyes:

Patrick Sourrouille

Nantes 44

France

Well I've done my third flight now (2 buttons and my 1st voice) and everything went smooth.
It was very cool to fly the huge 777-300 with a nice flight crew.

Even I'm french (nobody's perfect) I managed to be understood by the addon engine (with some struggles).

Again thank's Brian for this nice work and thumb up for your beta team.   :)

Glad you like it.  Do spread the word!

FYI, we have a full French voice set in the works.

So Fs2crew can control the gpu. If it can disconnect it must be able to connect from the c&d state?

You can connect/disconnect the GPU/AC Cart/ Air Start Cart via FS2Crew Voice Commands at any time using any panel state.

As long as the FO's FMC has power, you can do it.

HI Bryan,

Just flew from Los Angeles to Dublin, had a great first flight. Went through the complete Pre flight, because I was concerned about OOM problems at a major Airport. I'm glad to say not a warning. I do have a couple  of concerns though, I had the Fo's and Fa's volume set to six, but the Captain's voice was a little low. The upper left  top and bottom screws on the Main panel, did nothing when I clicked on them. I did read the Manual, but I couldn't find any thing about being able to toggle between voice and button control. 

Over all you have created a fantastic program, and thank you so for much making my flying the Boeing 777 a more realistic experience. It was worth the wait. 

Dan     

The upper left  top and bottom screws on the Main panel,

Those screens can be used to press the Main and Secondary button with Button Control.

They're mainly there for user testing purposes as most people will use joystick/keyboard assignments.

toggle between voice and button control

If the VOICE button on the FS2Crew Main Panel is On, then FS2Crew is in Voice Control Mode.

If VOICE is off, then FS2Crew is in Button Control mode.

The VOICE button itself acts like a toggle.

I had the Fo's and Fa's volume set to six, but the Captain's voice was a little low

Volume is always subjective... I'd turn up the volume a bit more.

Over all you have created a fantastic program, and thank you so for much making my flying the Boeing 777 a more realistic experience. It was worth the wait. 

Glad you like it!  Spread the word  B)

So Brian just to clarify, once you click off the voice button you can then only fly button only, we can't toggle back-and-forth.  Not to be critical but why is that? I would love to have the benefit of both.  Again thanks for

fantastic program.

I confirm that FS2crew is handling GPU, Airstart and Air conditioning very well alone here. No need to press any CDU button to do it.

Just need to connect the GPU on the overhead panel.

Good work :)

Patrick Sourrouille

Nantes 44

France

Hi Bryan

Outstanding work as always Sir! I Have just taken the T7 for her first voyage with my virtual FO and it works just like it says on the back of the tin...perfect! 

If i may offer a little advice as to the next update....I'm a kiwi so naturally i was using the Aussie/Kiwi voice set (very nice by the way)  :zeland-flag: 

but i noticed volume discrepancies between the two voices, the Capt comes over very clear but rather loud where as the kiwi FO is very quiet in comparison. Could it be possible to edit these voices so that they are in harmony with each other volume wise? 

oh and maybe.....just maybe could it be possible that when making a PA announcement could we please have the same sound effect on the voice just like the PA version on the Aerosoft Airbus X? (the sound effect of the captain making is PA address through the mic) i really liked that. But this maybe a recording thing with your voice artists rather than a editing effect.

Any who, Round of applause for you my friend, well done indeed. Another happy customer  :drinks:  

Using the button control I can not get the FO to connect the GPU.

I select Cold & Dark

Start Pre-flight

Conduct my Captains electrical power up flow:

• Battery On
  • Cockpit lights as Req
  • C1 & C2 Primary pumps Off
  • Demand pump selectors Off
  • Wipers Off
  • Landing gear lever Down
  • Alternate flap selectors Off
  • Bustie switches Auto

I turn on the FO FMC pressing and holding the MENU key and it powers up.

I press the FS2Crew Ground Crew Panel button and select "Ground Power Unit" Connect.

The Ground crew confirms they are connecting and after a few seconds they call connected.

The FO FMC is turned off again when they call connect. Turning it back on and I see that the ground connection page on the FMC has been called, but the GPU is NOT connected.

I´m 100% sure that SP1c is installed for both the 777-200LR and 777-300ER.

Trying to connect the Air start unit and Air conditioning unit fails the same way.

Finn Jacobsen

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

The FO FMC is turned off again when they call connect.

Why is the FO's FMC turning off?

The problem is the SDK does not give us direct control over the ground equipment.

So we literally have to press buttons on the FO's FMC (the same way you would) to connect the ground equipment.

If the FO's FMC is not on, it won't work.

Bryan, I can confirm that when I opt for the PF through the Main Panel Ground Service button asking the ground crew to disconnect the GPU, that action is reflected a few seconds later after the Ground Crew confirms disconnection, in the F/O's MCDU/FMC which is how prior to this add-on being released, I used to connect Ground Services through. So, your Add-on interfaces with the PMDG F/O's MCDU/FMC perfectly.

Hi Bryan,

I finally got a chance to test the T7 today.

I definately have a issue with the ground power option.

When i start cold and dark i power the FO FMC by pressing and holding the menu button.

When i ask for power it says its connected but it does not connect the gpu and the FO FMC returns to a blank state.

You can hear buttons being pressed.

If i ask again for the gpu to be connected it works. You can see the commands being pressed on the FO FMC.

It then leaves the FO FMC on the ALTN NAV LEG page.

If i then ask for gpu to be dis-connected it says its done but it doesnt work this time and the FO FMC goes back to a blank state. 

Ask again and this time it works.

It appears that there is an error somewhere in the order of the buttons being pressed.

It only seems to work if the FMC is in a blank state. 

What button is being pressed by FS2crew to return the FMC to a blank state?

If i then ask for gpu to be dis-connected it says its done but it doesnt work this time and the FO FMC goes back to a blank state. 

Is the APU running when you're disconnecting the GPU...  Do you have another power source?

I'm guessing you're taking power away from the FMC, which is why it's going blank.  

Darren, just out of interest, are you then, after asking for the GPU power, actually going to the overhead and pressing one of the Avail green-lit buttons just below the battery switch, which HAS to be on, to then connect all the buses, so that your F/O's FMC will stay on?

Bryan,

That sounds like what is happening. But if i then ask for it to connect again it does. Which should not work if the FMC is un-powered. Is that right?

Rick,

Yeah i connect the buses. Have you tried from a cold dark state?

Weird thing is with either APU running or GPU connected the ground requests work as they should no matter what you ask to be connected or disconnected.

So to get it from C&D i

Turn battery on.

I touch nothing else. Not the FO FMC.

Ask for GPU.

It says its done but it isn't connected.

FO FMC now displays the first menu with the two items bottom right. Think its PMDG and FS actions.

Ask for GPU again

Can hear buttons being activated.

Says its connected but it isn't connected.

FO FMC now is blank.

Ask a third time for GPU and bingo it works! GPU connects.

Weird!!!!

Connect the busses and now it works everytime.