Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

SID problem EGPF

I set up my NGX at EGPF load my FP from PFPX into FSX and set the alt and click ok.

Problem is VOXATC is assigning me the wrong SID routing it should be NGY2H but instead DCS6A to DCS! My first waypoint in my plan is NGY then DCS.

Somehow VOXATC isn't picking up my first waypoint NGY but instead DCS.

Vernon Howells

another problem VOXATC gave me the wrong STAR this is from the Standard Route Document - |EGPF DCS MC 145 N57 POL DCT MCT LOREL3G EGGW

i should of got LOREL3G but instead assigned me ASKE3G thats only used if BPK VOR is U/S

Vernon Howells

Is the airac data the same as in pfpx? I always just export the flightplan in flight sim files and open it in fsx with all the waypoints.

You have to update the fsx database for that you can find it with a simple google search, so far the correct sidstars

The flight plan looks like it has problems.

"EGPF DCS MC 145 N57 POL DCT MCT LOREL3G EGGW"

Is the "DCT" a VOR?

Or does it mean Direct?

For VOXatc sid/star the manual says to use some waypoint in the SID/STAR so VOXatc knows what you want.

So, in your flight plan I assume LOREL3G is the name of a Star for EGGW .. correct?

Also, are "145 N57" waypoints"? (I have not tried flying this plan).

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

DCT means direct so in the plan provided you proceed from POL direct to MCT

145 is the maximum flight level for airway N57.

Not sure what aircraft you are flying but unless it's a turboprop to EGGW you would want a higher altitude as you will burn a ton of fuel at that level.

e.g EGPF NORBO UT256 DCS UL612 CALDA DCT MCT LOREL3G EGGW

where NORBO is the SID departure from EGPF then following airway UT256 to DCS then airways UL612 to CALDA then direct to MCT then the LOREL3G STAR into EGGW.

For this route the altitude restriction is not below FL245 and not above FL660.

You also need to remember that some aircraft will not accept a flightplan that includes the SID/STARS, notably PMDG.  This is deliberate as the SID especially is linked to the departing runway so it is best to enter this manually in the FMC.  Same goes for the STAR.

Complete and utter insurrection

"DCT means direct so in the plan provided you proceed from POL direct to MCT:

Thanks for the info ..

So, his plan could not be imported into FSX e.g. and used by VOXatc ... correct?

"EGPF DCS MC 145 N57 POL DCT MCT LOREL3G EGGW"

BTW, is there another source for procedures other than EuroControl?

Best Regards,

The plan in the format provided would not be imported.  It must be in a format suitable for FSX.  There are many flightplan programmes, with the most common being Fligthsim Commander and PFPX, both of which will create, save and export flightplans in the correct format for FSX and several addon aircraft i.e. PMDG and Aerosoft.

I use the UK NATS site which is completely free and includes all the data and charts you would need for UK airports.  Don't know how to add a link here but do a search for NATS UK and you will find it.

www.nats-uk.ead-it.com

Hope this helps.  For some reason I cannot paste into this window, I was going to show you what a FSX formatted plan looks like.

Ken

Ken ,

Thanks for the info.

To paste:

Left click where you want it.

Then CTRL + V .

Actually I would need to see the OP's FSX plan used for VOXatc that did not work.

Best Regards,

Yeah, tried all the paste commands but none seem to work for me!

Try a  cut in a doc using notepad as a test.

then try pasting it in the body of your post input screen here.

I got the UK site .. looks like I have to register an find my way around ..

I see VFR tab in the header of the site .. but it does SID/STAR. ILS charts also ... correct?

"LOREL3G" ...

is this a STAR in his plan for EGPF?

I did not find it yet in errocontrol.

Best Regards,

From the homepage you should see several tabs along the top, choose IAIP then Specific Aerodrome.  From that you will see all the UK airports listed.  Selecting any, e.g. EGPF and you will see they SID, STAR, ILS charts as well as general aerodrome and parking chart.

LOREL3G is a STAR for EGGW (Luton) and also EGSS (Stansted) and is basically for aircraft arriving from the North or North West into that area around EGGW and EGGS.

Just noticed your signature, based at DTW?  I lived in Ann Arbor back in 2006 working at KYIP for USA Jet!

Still cannot cut/paste.  Must be something in Windows 8.1!