I am running P3Dv2.2 in a 2PC setup. My main computer is an i5 4440@310GHz Haswell with 8GBRam single channel DDR3. My main outside view is on a 40"Samsung TV Res 1920*1080. The second PC runs the gauges of the IFly737NG

My Graphics Card on the main computer is a 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660.

My problem is that quite often the graphics card stops working and shuts down. (My in game settings are around Medium as described by Rob Ainscroft) The sim then stops working. I am using the 344.11 driver.

Should this card not be capable of running P3Dv2.2 at reasonable settings using ORBX regions.? Do I have a failing card (it is still under warranty).

Wiliam

Are you checking the gpu temperature as you fly?

Use gpu-z or nvidia inspector to monitor..

Bert

How do you know it's the Gpu , it could  be the cpu too.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

It has stopped working again at 37degrees - had just finished loading. And now again at 34 degrees- just started the take off roll. This is getting more frequent. I had been previously completing 1 hour flights without problems and only the occasional crash. After moving up to the 344.11 driver things settled for a while but problems have returned today

I have a GTX650Ti and when I tried going to 344.11, I was getting bsod and frequent freezing.

There seems to be alot of people having problems with the latest version (344.11), so I suggest installing the previous version with the clean install option checked.

Installed driver 337.88.(just over the top of 344.11)

Completed a flight and parked at the Gate. Paused the sim to attend to something else and when I unpaused the sim Crash!! This time a frozen multi coloured pixellated screen.

William

Pausing and unpausing can be problematic in fsx... no problems during the flight?

Bert

Bert,

Thanks for your continued interest.  I had no problems during the flight but the ORBX scenery (UK and N. Ireland) was showing some abnormalities with some small areas appearing pale blue and pink. I actually took a screenie via print screen of this during the approach but  forgot about it after the crash and shut down the computer before pasting it into "paint".

This is all in P3Dv2.2. I have my settings quite low inP3D. I have reported this to my vendor (card is still under warranty) and await their response.

My sim has run very well for many months and this has just started recently.

William

Hmmm testing continues. I have disabled my Orbx regions (Eng, Scotland and N. Ireland) and completed 2 flights without any card crashes. Have noticed only several very brief flickers on the main monitor  (Samsiung 40" HDTV).

I will enable Orbx regions again and test.

William