Sign in to follow this  
Mike62

Master Avionics switch in C207

Does anyone know if there is a master avionics switch on the C207.    The avionics are on when I turn on the master battery and alternator switches.   I could not find one but I have been known to be looking right at something and still missed it.

Thanks,

Mike Cameron

I've looked and haven't been able to find a master avionics switch either! It would be nice to have an assured "off" status of avionics before starting up the engine! But like you said, I could have also missed it!

I can't seem to turn on avionics from a cold dark start-up either.

Got to be missing something simple. Is there a key stroke that will turn them on?

Russ

Many may fly and some are rewarded

handsomely, but the wings of gold of a

United States Naval Aviator mean more

than flying. It is dearly bought, requires

sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

I can't seem to turn on avionics from a cold dark start-up either.

Got to be missing something simple. Is there a key stroke that will turn them on?

Russ

Try Ctrl-Shift-A keyboard combination.

Check the Options/Settings/Controls/Buttons-Keys tab. Scroll down to "Avionics Master" to verify the correct assignment was made.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks Bill.

Russ

Many may fly and some are rewarded

handsomely, but the wings of gold of a

United States Naval Aviator mean more

than flying. It is dearly bought, requires

sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

I itried it my self with the Saitek panel. There is no such switch in the cockpit that moves if i toggle the avionics master on the panel. However if i toggle the switch the GPS/Autopilot/Xponder/Radios come alive. Attitude indicator has a suction pump which is engine driven. But the switch in the VC is missing.

Another thing that bugs me is the bad engine performance of this plane. Did somebody noticed that too. @/above 4000´the performance decreases no matter what i try. I can hardly bring the plane to climb power as it loses too much performance. Its nearly not possible to climb to 10000´or higher.

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

Thanks for the above comments, good to know that I'm not the only one missing a master avionics switch, maybe Alabeo will add one in a future service patch.

Mickeyj, are you leaning the mixture as you climb? I do notice this plane isn't as powerful as a twin engine (Seneca PA 34 V for example ;) ), but I find I can drag it up to 11,000 feet if I use a 500 fpm climb (or stay away from the more drastic VSI indicator climbs). The only other thing I was wondering about to make the plane more powerful is to turbocharge it, but I don't necessarily want to mess around with those settings in the config file!

I should note (as I'm currently climbing to 11,000 haha) that I'm using 300-400 fpm climbs as I get higher up... so Mickeyj, you aren't the only one that notices a little bit of a labored engine!

this plane its heavy to ascend, with a 310hp engine make it to 11000 its a slow process, but when you make it its a dream..... more its you has 8 or 7 souls in the plane ..... this its not a 210... !

Redgars 

Mickeyj, are you leaning the mixture as you climb? I do notice this plane isn't as powerful as a twin engine (Seneca PA 34 V for example ;) ), but I find I can drag it up to 11,000 feet if I use a 500 fpm climb (or stay away from the more drastic VSI indicator climbs). The only other thing I was wondering about to make the plane more powerful is to turbocharge it, but I don't necessarily want to mess around with those settings in the config file!

I should note (as I'm currently climbing to 11,000 haha) that I'm using 300-400 fpm climbs as I get higher up... so Mickeyj, you aren't the only one that notices a little bit of a labored engine!

Hi there,

yes i actually did that almost constantly. I took her out for a spin in ORBX PNG maybe the high density altitude killed its performance. Should go to Alaska to fly it ;)  BTW I flew the Bonanza F33A which is a pretty powerful bird. It has the same engines almost like the C207 (which i never flew in real) #so i thought the same of the C207. Maybe the C207 is and underpowered plane :( But the Seneca V and powerful?  :unsure:  Ok if both engines keeps running at the same time  :P  (logged 12 hrs actual on it and it is compared to the B58 -logged around 40 hrs- pretty underpowered) 

Hope alabeo gets the Avinc switch done :)

this plane its heavy to ascend, with a 310hp engine make it to 11000 its a slow process, but when you make it its a dream..... more its you has 8 or 7 souls in the plane ..... this its not a 210... !

Redgars 

Hi Redgars,

did you flew the C207 in real? Cause it sounds like :) But how could you make 11000´with 8 pax on board?

Greetz

MJ

youtubefooter.jpg

Yes but as a passenger, for that you need to lean very efficient, and be calm, 300 or 400fps be well passing 9000........

this is a great addon, passing one or two bugs its a very well simulated model !!

Yes but as a passenger, for that you need to lean very efficient, and be calm, 300 or 400fps be well passing 9000........

this is a great addon, passing one or two bugs its a very well simulated model !!

Hi Robert,

thanks good to know. So i will just fly it around the Alaska shores and take another bird for the mountain ops :)

Greetz

MJ

youtubefooter.jpg

Just remember two facts...this is not a turbocharged engine as the C182, C206 or the Seneca V are...or even the Bonanza, those climb pretty fast because of the turbo, this 6 cylinder 300hp normal aspirated engine, does a very nice work there!, yes, is not a fast climber, but that's because is not the turbo version, the second fact is the size of the C207, is not that small...it's pretty big even more than a C206, lacks the turbo, but can get 7 pax to the air!, if you think it that way, then the engine is powerful!, always remember to lean the mixture as you climb!, otherwise it won't climb...

Yes, is not that fast as a turbo engine, but as Robk182 said, you have 7 people aboard with no turbo!, that's quite heavy for a non-turbo engine!, but the engine can work with that!

For the turbo addition, there's nothing else to do, just open the aircraft.cfg, scroll down to the performance or engine section look where says turbocharged or turbocharger and modify some values...if someone is interested, I can post that section (that I modified to get the turbo), then copy paste (make a backup first) and try if you like it...

OR, if you have the Carenado C206, go to the engine section and copy those values...(that's what I did)

I tried and it worked, it really improved a lot!!!!!!, but it was like "faking" the real and stock model...so I deleted the turbo and leave it stock...

I think there's still remaining turbo versions out there...