Sign in to follow this  
RKillins

Saitek Controls Not Working With 737NGX Series

I have recently purchased the PMDG 737NGX packages (600, 700, 800, 900 series) and have enjoyed the few flights I have taken with them. Today, I have discovered that I no longer have control of the rudder, ailerons or elevators with my Saitek Pro Flight controllers. The toe brakes work, and the throttles work. Everything works fine on other aircraft in my hangar, just not the PMDG 737s.

I do not use FSUIPC for controllers, opting to remain with FSX's system. Not has changed in the configuration within FSX. The Windows 7 calibration for the controllers all show proper calibration and are all responsive.

Thoughts anyone?

RM Killins

Odd, I have both and working with both FSUIPC and plain FSX. Your message indicates it initially worked but then stopped working?

Bert

Bert Laverman

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I have the same problem using the Saitek Switch panel, Radio Panel and Auto Pilot control when using the PMDG planes in FSX.

Any ideas?

I have the same problem using the Saitek Switch panel, Radio Panel and Auto Pilot control when using the PMDG planes in FSX.

Any ideas?

Those need the SPAD driver to make them emulate controllers. There are lots of people using them successfully with PMDG products. The 737NGX and 777 don't really use FSX's emulation of the aircraft systems, so the default controls don't work very well or only partially. In the options (use the FMC's "MENU" button to reach them) you can assign keys to PMDG aircraft controls, or you can use PSUIPC macro's to record keyclicks. Haven't really had much success with the latter approach, but then I only have the button panel.

If you go to the SPAD site you should be able to get help on it. SPAD uses profiles so you can rewire the panels depending on the aircraft.

Bert

Bert Laverman

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

With SPAD a couple of more things work than with the Saitek drivers, but it's still not the holy grail. Most of the programmed functions use their own programming and not the FSX basic controls. To get all functions working properly you're need to set them up through LINDA, using LUA scripts. You can find the LINDA forum with software and all info you need in the freeware forum, here on AVSIM.

Cheers!

Maarten