Sign in to follow this  
Aharon

Drzewiecki Designs - New York Airports X KLGA Extract

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Does anybody have positive experience with Drzewiecki Designs software company and its airport scenery called New York Airports X??

I am getting interested in Drzewiecki Designs - New York Airports X KLGA Extract for 12 bucks which covers only KLGA.

Thanks for any input.

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

ya I was wondering this too since it's been updated a lot since initial release.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Hi Aharon,

The problem with any of the DD New York area airports, all of which are of very good visual quality, is that they can bring FSX to it's knees in terms of VAS usage, particularly if you have any other scenery (such as Aerosoft Manhattan or FSDT KJFK) installed for this area. Difficult to be positive about KLGA because of that!

Bill

Hi Aharon,

The problem with any of the DD New York area airports, all of which are of very good visual quality, is that they can bring FSX to it's knees in terms of VAS usage, particularly if you have any other scenery (such as Aerosoft Manhattan or FSDT KJFK) installed for this area. Difficult to be positive about KLGA because of that!

Bill

Bill, do you use DX10 and do you disablw FSDT stuff if you're flying to say LGA?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Haven't been using DX10 for a while because of some issues (unrelated to KLGA). I have found it necessary to deactivate FSDT KJFK if I have to have any chance of completing a flight around the NY area from DD KLGA without VAS problems leading to an OOM error. Obviously it also depends on the aircraft you are using but the more resource intensive payware aircraft are more likely to cause earlier OOMs.

The main issue with the NY area is that you can potentially have a significant number of visually excellent but resource intensive airport and scenery addons within a relatively small geographical area all competing for a limited amount of VAS. I don't know what else you have in that area, but I guess if you were to use DD KLGA without any active addon Manhattan scenery or FSDT KJFK then you are less likely to have VAS problems.

Bill

Thanks all for explanations.

Looking forward to more comments, please!!

Thanks,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

I run Aerosoft Manhattan and the KLGA you are looking at. I had a VAS problem when I also used their KJFK, but have not had a problem since I removed that. The frame rates can be bad, but I also use Fiber Accelerator and that makes everything run well.

- Bill Magann

Aharon,

try demo version. DD offers complete coverage in their demo versions.

Difference is that there is less details (unique buildings) and smaller textures. If it would bring performance loss to your system then you will now that full version would be even worse.

I have all of DD demos installed, because even with limited features, they are much more accurate than defaults.

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1

I don't like bashing developers, but then I also feel an obligation to be honest with fellow simmers when questions are asked. I recently installed their Newark airport, one of the NY sceneries... to say it was a joke would be an understatement. With autogen set at normal, AI at 25%, fair weather, all the usual cfg tweaks, in the NGX I barely got the frames into the mid teens! Not only that, the whole scenery was a stuttering mess. I uninstalled it immediately and threw it in the trash. I did contact the dev, actually thinking they may refund my purchase, but wasn't too upset as it was only £7, and then I began to ask myself, hmmm, then perhaps that was the reason why it was only £7! It may be that others have had perfectly acceptable performance, although I'd be surprised if that was the case, but for me, it was useless.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I tried the demo and the performance was very BAD.

I wish FlyTampa would develop airports for NYC. They seem to know what they are doing.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Aharon,

try demo version. DD offers complete coverage in their demo versions.

Twojastara,

Great idea  I did not know that DD has demos. I assume the demos can be found on DD's website?

Rockliffe and DJJose,  what are your computer configurations, please?

Thanks to all for reviews. Looking forward to more reviews.

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

Twojastara,

Great idea I did not know that DD has demos. I assume the demos can be found on DD's website?

Rockliffe and DJJose, what are your computer configurations, please?

Thanks to all for reviews. Looking forward to more reviews.

Regards,

Aharon

See my profile.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Same here

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

It's sad about the DD NYC area and airports, I use their Miami scenery and that runs smooth as butter.

I guess it's all the extra autogen in the area. But then perhaps devs should ask themselves the question whether or not it's wise to choose such an area for an airport.

Howard