Sign in to follow this  
Aharon

Drzewiecki Designs - New York Airports X KLGA Extract

My experience with their KEWR has been a bit different than others who've posted in this thread. See my profile for my computer specs; I'm using DX10 via Steve's DX10 Scenery Fixer, and my autogen and AI traffic settings are modest (Normal and 50-60% UT2 AI).

No question that frames are lower in the vicinity than elsewhere, but in my opinion (only, perhaps), they are acceptable. The developer gives you options to install different lighting and to use a lower LOD radius when you install the scenery, and I've availed myself of those without any discernible impact on the visuals.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

I have to agree with the everyone else.  I have a very high performance FSX machine and it gets OOM errors without fail at any of the NYC airports included in the scenery package eventually.  Great visuals but not stable, very disappointing.  I rarely fly to the NYC area but if I do I will re-install FSDT JFK and the other KLGA scenery.

My question is why are you all letting 3-5 payware airports in the same area load in your Scenery.cfg file when you are only landing at 1 of them?   I never have more than 2 airports active at a time, my departure and my arrival airport.  That's it.   There is no reason to have 3 other close by airports being rendered in high detail when you aren't going to be landing there anyway.

That being said, are you guys saying that just having one airport loaded is still bringing your systems to a crawl?  If so that makes me sad as I was eyeballing all the DD airports to help give my east coast a face lift.   I guess DD doesn't use the latest geometry and texture baking techniques?    Flightbeams KDEN is amazing on this end.  One of the largest airports I own but my frame rate is solid there even with all the detail.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

are you guys saying that just having one airport loaded is still bringing your systems to a crawl?

Yes

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

That being said, are you guys saying that just having one airport loaded is still bringing your systems to a crawl?

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Sorry about the post above...the forum burped as I was composing a message! Here's what I wanted to post:

Just one airport by the subject developer does not bring my system to a crawl.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Great idea  I did not know that DD has demos. I assume the demos can be found on DD's website?

Yes, you have all demos there:

http://drzewiecki-design.net/prodNYAirports_X.htm

To be fair - in full version you can install only chosen airport and configure some settings (lightnings etc.) to have better performance.

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1

Thanks Twojastara

Demos do not offer separate airports so I cannot try demos.

Meanwhile I am surprised that getting only one airport can bring anyone's system to crawl.  I always want realistic looking KLGA scenery!!!!!

I do not use payware aircraft addons, I do not use REX and I do not use fancy ground texture stuff so I am under impression that DD's KLGA will run smooth with FSX default New York City scenery.

I am using laptop.  I have memory intensive Sunskyjet KPHL scenery that runs VERY SMOOTH in my laptop.  Do all of you think DD' KLGA is same as Sunskyjet's KPHL scenery in terms of memory intensive or is DD KLGA more memory intensive than Sunskyjet KPHL? I also own Aerosoft Gilibator that runs smoothly without problem.

I also own few Pacific Sim scenries that run smoothly including Jeje airport and I own few Tropical Sims sceneries as well as one Latin VFR TTCP scenery running in my laptop without problem.

Does it give anyone clue whether DD KLGA can run smooth or not in my laptop?

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

Do all of you think DD' KLGA is same as Sunskyjet's KPHL scenery in terms of memory intensive or is DD KLGA more memory intensive than Sunskyjet KPHL?

I obviously cannot tspeak for everyone, but my two cents:

KPHL is a single airport in a not so heavy area, whereas KLGA is located close to both downtown New York, whcih is performance-hungry already, and also very clos to at least two other major airports, KJFK and KEWR, which may cause severe trouble when you have traffic enabled. Plus LGA isn't exactly a smal airport either.

But you can still try the NY bundle demo (if that exists), that way you can check, how your system reacts to the even higher load of all the NY area airports, and you can base your decision on whether to buy or not to buy KLGA on that preformance.

Best regards,

I obviously cannot tspeak for everyone, but my two cents:

KPHL is a single airport in a not so heavy area, whereas KLGA is located close to both downtown New York, whcih is performance-hungry already, and also very clos to at least two other major airports, KJFK and KEWR, which may cause severe trouble when you have traffic enabled. Plus LGA isn't exactly a smal airport either.

FloG,

Although Skysunjet KPHL is bigger airport than KLGA, you got an excellent point about FSX default New York City area that is performance hungry!!!!!!

I think I am going to gamble NINE BUCKS on DD KLGA scenery.  If it does not work,  losing nine bucks will not hurt considering the fact that I never drink and I never smoke. Also, I never gamble in Atlantic City or Las Vegas!!!!

The only worry I have is that DD KLGA scenry's programming gimmicks might screw up my FSX.

Thanks for all input!!!

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

By the way, all DD scenery just went on sell on Simmarket.com for 30% off. I am grabbing the whole airport bundle!

Would be great if you could report back what your experiences are with these airports. I'm having a real hard time to believe that it is not possible to run them in a 20-30 fps range if you are conservative on the settings (and of course have only activated one of the airports from the package at a time). Thanks!

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Yeah.   I was not satisfied with YouTUbe videos currently out there for these airports so I am goin to do my own video blog review of the package tonight.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Just did a test flight with PMDG 737 and KLGA.   Errrrr.... not that impressive on the frames.   Great looking airport but with autogen off, moderate AI traffic on, scenery complexity set to almost max and partly cloudy day was yielding less than desirable results in the cockpit and okay performance on the exterior.   I'll get the video review online sometime tonight or tomorrow morning.

100454.png

Brian Navy