Sign in to follow this  
Nemo

Prepar3D. exe has stopped working - No OOM

Since some days I get P3Dv2.4 CTDs - mainly in ORBX FTX NA area. For example, at Lake Tahoe (FTX KTVL) with A2As C172 I can't fly much longer than 5 minutes then I get the message:

Prepar3D. exe has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly ... CTD

App crash viewer says.

Prepar3D.exe - Stopped Working - Exception Code 0xc0000374 - Fault Module Version 6.3.9600.17278.

It is always the same Exception Code and Module version. Faul Module differs but mostly StackHash ... .

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Harry

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

You would probably get a better response by posting in the AVSIM CTD Forum. What was the faulting module? Why are you not posting your complete AppCrashView crash report? If the faulting module was a StackHash, then there is no known one fix that fixes this problem for everyone. However, as indicated in the AVSIM CTD Guide, a possible solution for a StackHash is to disable MyTrafficX, 5.4c if installed as it is known to cause a StackHash if you have a bad schedule or object installed.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

You would probably get a better response by posting in the AVSIM CTD Forum. What was the faulting module? Why are you not posting your complete AppCrashView crash report? If the faulting module was a StackHash, then there is no known one fix that fixes this problem for everyone. However, as indicated in the AVSIM CTD Guide, a possible solution for a StackHash is to disable MyTrafficX, 5.4c if installed as it is known to cause a StackHash if you have a bad schedule or object installed.

Best regards,

Jim,

Thank you so much. In deed, it looks like MT3D v5.4c was the culprit. I rebuilt my cfg and put in my usual settings  step by step. Everything run fine until I activated MT 54c. Again I got some heavy stutters when crossing a certain area (this Venice type village) and CTD followed short time afterwards.

I am just wondering why this happens in this particular area. There should not be so much traffic beeing injected from MT.  I had no problem so far with MT in other FTX regions, at least I did not suffer with CTDs (or can't remember). Are there any solutions?

If it is more appropriate this thread should better be moved to the CTD forum.

Thanks again,

Cheers,

Harry

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

You can't run MyT Pro 5.4c with the 2013 schedule. It has a known bug. Try the 2012 schedule.

You can't run MyT Pro 5.4c with the 2013 schedule. It has a known bug. Try the 2012 schedule.

From where can I get the 2012 schedule. MT configurator currently does not not run in P3Dv2/Win81.

Harry

- Harry 

From where can I get the 2012 schedule. MT configurator currently does not not run in P3Dv2/Win81. 

Harry

You do not need to download and install any of the schedules on his website. In fact, IMHO you get more AI traffic if you do not. The program has a schedule installed during installation and it works great with plenty of AI. If you are an expert aircraft spotter or want total perfection, then you might want to update to the 2013 schedule to have the latest but doubt most will see any difference. When MTX5.4c was released, I got the 2013 schedule as I wanted to have the most up-to-date stuff but it is just an option. Not mandatory and it is believed to be the cause of many StackHash/NTDLL.dll CTD's. I reinstalled MTX to 5.4b and will not upgrade again until maybe the next update or an update for P3DV2.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Click this file in your P3d 2.4 installation and it will install the 2012 schedule for you.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v2\MyTraffic\Traffic2012.bat

In your MyTraffic folder you will see the other schedule years as BAT files and you can install any of them manually also.

Burkhard (the author of MyT Pro) is working on MyT Pro 6.0 which will be fully compatible with P3d 2.4.

OK. Problem solved. MT 54c with 2013 flightplan was the culprit. Changing the flightplan to 2012 as suggested from "jabloomf1230" and "firehawk" brought the solution.  I still get some stutters at exactly the same position (see my posts above) but P3Dv24 keeps now alive - no CTD anymore.

Thank you!

Harry

- Harry 

Oh my gosh, thank you so much! I've been looking all over the MyT support forums and was getting really frustrated with repetitive CTDs as I was already feeling hoodwinked by their product page that doesn't clearly state that it natively supports v1 which I of course figured out only AFTER buying it, then I find out that MyT6 will be released soon so I'm pretty sure that's going to be another $50. Well at least I know have a solution for this misleading software. With all the different versions of MyT out there it was confusing to begin with, then I finally figure out the 5.4c is the most recent and it says for Prepar3D on the product page and only if you scroll down past distracting ads and dropdowns does it say v1.4. 

Other than the well documented bug in the 2013 schedule, MyT Pro 5.4 works fine with P3d 2.4. The installer is designed only for P3d 1.4 and this also is clearly stated.

You should consider that no AI traffic add-on officially supports P3d 2.4 and some like UT 2 are barely supported at all.

At least Burkhard, the MyT developer, has promised a version for P3d 2.x. He's even released the airport upgrade package from the upcoming release.

At least Burkhard, the MyT developer, has promised a version for P3d 2.x. He's even released the airport upgrade package from the upcoming release

Agree. He has been working to find the right combination for P3D 2.x and it looks like he's getting close.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

The installer is designed only for P3d 1.4 and this also is clearly stated.

Not sure where you bought it but it is not clearly stated over at simMarket, I will admit I should have read all the way down the page in the detailed dropdown box, but the fact that it says "for Prepar3D" in the title is a little misleading/ambiguous regardless of my oversight, it should say "for Prepar3D v1" that said I love Burkhard's product and am happy to support it despite feeling a little butthurt about the way simMarket presented the product. Honestly, most of the sim online stores feel a little 2nd rate like you're going to find your credit card has been used for Ray Bans in Zimbabwe two days later. 

Yeah, well, for some reason, AI Traffic doesn't seem to be a big attraction in P3d. It seems like most people who are using an AI traffic add-on are either fooling with either My Traffic Pro 5.4  or Ultimate Traffic 2, both of which do work if one is persistent enough. The good news is that it's very likely that MyT Pro 6 will be cheaper as an upgrade from version 5. Don't yell at me if it's not, though.  ;)

So I've been testing after the switch to 2012 traffic and I still got a "Prepar3D.exe has Stopped working" I'm going to uninstall MyT and see if I keep getting the same thing, now I'm getting frustrated.

Same behavior as described by OP, stutters then stops then just crashes

The schedule change only addresses the ntdll.dll error in P3d. You might want to check your Windows error event log to see what specific error that you are getting.