Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

Cannot Start FS2Crew 777

I have installed FS2Crew for the 777 (as admin) and registered the product.  I have also assigned the button presses to Alternate Static (Letter "C").  When I press C, nothing happens, the main panel will not open.

I have also reinstalled but did not help.  I have disabled and re-enabled as well.

I have also checked the -200 Panel CFG and the FS2Crew window 21 is there along with a few other FS2Crew windows so it should work.  

Note that if I change the altimeter and then press B, it resets to 1013 so my keyboard and other assignments are working.

Any ideas?

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Yes, your supposed to assign a key to auto feather, and not alternate static, here's the text straight from the manual:

Create a joystick or keyboard button assignment for 'AUTOFEATHER (ARM/OFF)' in the FSX 'SETTINGS - CONTROLS' menu.

You can select any Joystick or Keyboard assignment (or both). If using a keyboard assignment, we recommend using a single key, like the letter "C", instead of a complex combination.

• Upvote 1

Jason Dilley

I had the same problem here and followed the advice of another simmer to re boot and was able to get it going that way

ZORAN

Mark

I had the same issue too earlier.

Here's how to resolve it. First make sure you enable it in the FS2Crew Config set-up(check mark). Then, rather than going to the 777-300ER first, make sure you load a 777-200 L?R version repaint. Then you will be asked for permission to install the FS2Crew .Gau. Accept it. Then go to Views-Instrument Panel.Hopefully towards the bottom half, you should see FS2Crew Main Panel. If you see that, come out of FSX, re-load and it should now be in the -300ER. Then to get teh Main Panel showing same again Views-..........etc, etc and from there you be able to use those assigned buttons.

Good Luck. PM me if you need further assistance.

Yes, your supposed to assign a key to auto feather, and not alternate static, here's the text straight from the manual:

Create a joystick or keyboard button assignment for 'AUTOFEATHER (ARM/OFF)' in the FSX 'SETTINGS - CONTROLS' menu.

You can select any Joystick or Keyboard assignment (or both). If using a keyboard assignment, we recommend using a single key, like the letter "C", instead of a complex combination.

Spot on. Works fine.

• Upvote 1

Check out the bottom of page 20 of the PDF manual, its Autofeather (arm/off) you should be assigning the key assignment to.

Glen

OK will try the Autofeather assignment.  I was following the manual and I swear it said Alternate Static and showed that in the picture.  Anyway, let me take another crack at it.  thanks for the help.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

OK will try the Autofeather assignment.  I was following the manual and I swear it said Alternate Static and showed that in the picture.  Anyway, let me take another crack at it.  thanks for the help.

You are right, Mark. It is in fact Alternate Static Source, because that is what I have mine set to.

The manual must be wrong.  It definitely says Alternate Static but I just changed the Main button to Autofeather and it worked.  Thanks for the help, hopefully Bryan can clear this up for other users.

Edit - The problem is that at the front of the manual where the Soft / Hard Mute and Main panel buttons are setup the Alternate Static is used for two items.  Further down in the manual it refers to the Autofeather.   All fixed now and working for me but I have run out of time to fly.  Will try again tomorrow.

Mark W   CYYZ      

I think that Autofeather setting is for Voice version because in the Button version it definitely shows Alternate.......That's what I have and it works for me. anyway.

Rick, I use the Auto Feather assigned to a button on my yoke to bring up the panel.The voice option does create a bit of confusion.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Hi Julian

Good Morning, as we revert to GMT.

Aha, that explains why each time I have been using Views-Instruments panel just to get to see that Main Panel.

But I've since discovered an oddity. First flight, I had loud normal sounds for then Brief and for all Button commands. Now, all of a sudden the PF's voice when carrying out that Brief is kind of muted. I have checked my speakers and they are working okay, normal sound output. Any ideas?

Going to try that Autofeather now.

EDIT: Brilliant, Julian, you star. Now have that Main Panel coming on off my joystick button, but that Brief volume is still down.

Ok, Rick, have you played with the vol settings in the main panel ?

One thing I have noticed, if you click in a dial switch, my volume decreases. Only since installing FS2Crew. Try clicking your Baro knob and see if you get a volume drop.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

dial switch, my volume decreases. Only since installing FS2Crew.

The FS2Crew volume?

Regarding volume going up and down on its own, please see the trouble shooting section.

Make sure there are no other programs in the background running like Skype that may mess with audio.

http://www.support.fs2crew.com/help/manuals/#pageid=troubleshooting5

Best,