Sign in to follow this  
ceranes

MD11 for FSX Stuck in Cold and Dark

I have succesfully flown the MD11 in FSX the past several day, the last time being last night, and today, when I load the UPS livery version, it is stuck in Cold and Dark.  The power is off, engines are off, and nothing responds.  I attempted to use the menu and load an "after engine start" panel state, and it does not respond to that either.  Lastly, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the entire MD11 and UPS Livery, and I get the same results.

Does anyone have any idea what may have gone wrong or how I can fix it? 

The four base model aircraft work just fine.

Thanks!!

Chris

Hi Chris

Have you tried another repaint to see if the same thing happens? If it does not maybe your aircraft.cfg entry for that UP repaint is corrupted?

Yes Sir I have....well I've tried the other MD11 aircraft that are part of the base software. I figured that since I uninstalled and reinstalled it, that any corruption would have been taken care of. Do you think I need to reinstall FSX altogether?

The fact that the four PMDG base models work would not necessarily mean that another repaint would also work flawlessly, which is why I suggested trying a repaint other than the base PMDG House repaints. That UPS repaint could well have an entry that corrupts the aircraft.cfg.

Try a default plane with the engines on, then back to the MD11 and it should work. I never save a flight in cold and dark because of this.

reg,

John

John,

Yes, I don't save anything as cold and dark either...when I finish a flight, I simply exit FSX.

Well I started a flight using the default A321...once it was running, I switched over to the UPS MD11 and I get the same thing...cold and dark.  A message pops up stating I can start the engines by typing <<CTRL>> + E.  I hear the rumble of the engines trying to start, but there are no lights on in the cockpit.  The panels are dark, the overhead panel is dark, and the only thing with lights are the landing gear (4 green), and the MCP panel where you can change speed, heading, altitude, etc.

When I switch to the "SPOT" view...I can see the fins on all three engines spinning.

Strange and I really have no clue how to sole your problem...

Reg,

John