Sign in to follow this  
teopereira

NGX SP2: what features would like to see?

Joe - you should really avoid making assumptions about something you very clearly have no clue about.

First, the post you've linked to notes that there will be no SP before the year's end. It makes no reference thereafter. Given the amount of work that goes into SPs this is not unreasonable or unexpected.

Second, RSR himself (may have been Ryan, actually - but it was someone from the team nonetheless) has stated that, since the NGX is being actively worked into two new platforms (P3D and XPlane), development work on it is clearly not over.

Multiple Edits: Mostly grammatical / quote error-related. Clarified reference.

And you should really avoid acting like an arrogant child who thinks he knows everything, but being familiar with you, I know that is not going to happen, so I wont bother.

Do you have any evidence of this hearsay you talk about? (yet cant even remember who said what) or are we just supposed to take your word for it?

I'm a software developer with over 10 years of experience, so I know a thing or two about software development.

When you have a team the size PMDG has, and such an ambitious future product roadmap, a lot of stuff will get lost on the way due to budget/time/manpower constraints.

Anyway, we'll just wait and see who's right.

Based on the content of both of his posts, no. To me, it's very clear that, not only is he misinformed, he's accusing them of no longer supporting a product that's clearly still being developed.

Accusing? You might want to consider your words more carefully, I was merely stating my opinion and experience with PMDG.

You can take it or leave it.

And you should really avoid acting like an arrogant child who thinks he knows everything, but being familiar with you, I know that is not going to happen, so I wont bother.

Lessons in ironic statements...

Do you have any evidence of this hearsay you talk about? (yet cant even remember who said what) or are we just supposed to take your word for it?

I don't remember who can be quoted as saying "never forget this: the future is to those who take it, and that nothing is easy, and the best things are the hardest." That doesn't it wasn't said.

Excuse me for not doing a forum search for you...here you are:

Here's one mention from RSR just about a month ago:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/451361-12sep14-general-update-on-many-topics/

And again:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/438427-01apr14-pmdg-777-200lrf-feature-preview-wx-radar/page-17#entry2960393

And again:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/375922-general-update-on-in-development-products-04jun12/

...and then the there's the one that doesn't exist because I forgot who said it:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/451361-12sep14-general-update-on-many-topics/page-2#entry3075360

"Wait...  I made three announcements today in which two of them clearly state that we are going to be moving the NGX into both Xplane and P3D- which means that the product does have an active development plan still in the works.  Even a very cursory consideration of this would cause a reasonable person to see that both of those are development cycles that will benefit the NGX in FSX."

You were saying...?

I'm a software developer with over 10 years of experience, so I know a thing or two about software development.

Good for you. I'm an aviation subject matter expert with over 10 years of experience, but I'm not going to try to let on that I know how to effectively run someone else's airline...

Kyle Rodgers

Hi,

I'm very happy with ngx as it's nowadays but in case of the future SP my wishes are:

Weather Radar;

All kinds RNP approaches implemented (with all kinds of legs: arc to fix, radius to fix, course to fix etc. implemented (sorry gentlemen but I can't remember if the bird is already able to deal with all these features);

ER (extended range) and maybe BBJ models added;

possibility to have the autothrottle (re)-engaged ("fail operational" models) during a single engine (flaps 30) autoland (having APU on naturally) as stated at page 208 of the FCTM (you know nowadays NGX can perform wonderful single engine autolands but you've to set throttles manually only);

maybe the possibility to choose among different engine-ratings (i.e. CFM56-7b26 26,3 K pounds or CFM56-7b27 rated at 27,3 K for the -800 variant etc. etc.)

More failures regarding flight controls (if possible) i.e. asymetric flaps , etc.

A landing autobrake distance depending on rwy conditions (dry, wet, icing)

Best Regards

Andrea Buono

You are excused, thanks for saving me the forum search, but all you managed to find there are over 2 years of "it's coming", "it's under development" and "it's planned".

Which is exactly what I meant.

When you have one small team of programmers, that wishlist from 2012 will take them just under 10 years to complete. (only about 8 more to go)

So

You were saying...?

That we wont see a service pack for a long long time, if at all.

This ends this discussion on my part.

Good day.

That we wont see a service pack for a long long time, if at all.

This ends this discussion on my part.
Good day.

If you're not willing to accept information that's handed to you as a counter point to the points you raised, then what's the point in even posting in here at all? If you don't think something will happen, despite evidence to the contrary, you might as well keep to yourself and avoid polluting the minds of people who would rationally approach this situation.

You specifically stated:

"The NGX is over 3 years old, PMDG has forgotten it has even developed it, its over, deal with it."

This is categorically false. I provided multiple links to the contrary. You continue to ignore it because it doesn't fit within your own view of the world, for whatever reason.

For calling me a child just a moment ago, I think you should seriously take an introspective look for a little while. I'm not the one ignoring information being presented and standing stubbornly on a premise of denial...

Kyle Rodgers

Well in that case, I can only wish that you act like this in the real world too, and that one day you will meet the person who would teach you a tough lesson in how to properly act and talk to other people.

Good heavens!?!?

Anyways, my preference for additions to the NGX is very simple, I would like the weather radar added, but I already know that wish is going to come true, so whatever else, if anything else from the above lists are added, it will make my favourite PMDG plane even more enjoyable.

I fail to see how the NGX not being a priority right now means it'll never get another Service Pack?

How many of those 10 years have you spent within the PMDG team, Joe? Just because you have your mileage, doesn't mean theirs can't vary. I have a feeling RSR is going to be slightly better informed than the lot of us, including you.

My request for SP2 would be that a Bible would come in PDF format with the download and that the Sermon on the Mount would have to be opened to activate .

Vic green

A bikini clad flight attendant to bring me frozen drinks on my Caribbean runs.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Finally, the last couple of posts that have humor....   :lol: - Anybody that is new to our forum ( Avsim ) and starting reading posts and see replies like this....They would leave the room, and think what a bunch of idiots.... 

I guess I am getting to old and don't understand why people just agree to dis-agree and leave it at that. I am sure if a developer wants to take issue with a members post they will, but wisdom of being older tells me that the developer s does not respond to threads like these, why? I sure most of us know the answer.

Yes, we have the right to voice our opinions, that is what makes this a great forum. but sometimes it better to just be quite and move on to the next thread.

Wow. That got out of hand quickly.

My small wishlist:

Cruise Control like on the T7

Ground Operations - mainly realistic refueling times and payload changes

WXR

CPDLC

CPDLC

Interesting feature...

"Air Europa" made several tests on B738 delivery flights starting already in October 2004:

http://www.atnconference.com/downloadppt.php?id=317

Here are some CPDLC features of a certain manufacturer:

http://www.spectralux.com/dlink/

Makes me also think about the implementation of an EFB in the NGX/T7...