Sign in to follow this  
teopereira

NGX SP2: what features would like to see?

My opinion:

* Radar weather;

* Hot start, wet start and other malfunctions related to engine start;

* Better struts animation (if not an FSX/P3D limitation)...

For almost the last 3 months I had my NGX in the hangar due to exclusive T7F OPS.

But I just did some air work for two hours flying traffic circuits in adverse weather and I must honestly say: "I did not know that I missed her so much". :Cry:

The NGX is a great plane and actually a good companion, complement and alternation to the T7. It saddens me quite a bit to hear that PMDG is postponing the SP2 launch out of several (comprehensible) reasons. I would not say that missing WXR, PWS, RTA and other new T7 features make my NGX "INOP", but hearing that a T7-equalized NGX SP2 is not within the top ranking list of PMDG projects is not good news actually. 

But I will take it with a cup of coffee...  :Cuppa:

ON TOPIC:

* walk arounds with findings like e.g. damaged wing tips or brake fluid (hydraulics) leakage

* icing effects (aerodynamics, engines, windows...)

* precipitation fx (visibility reduction like blurries that can be partly reduced by the use of wipers....)

* frighter, executive (BBJ) or military/special (P-8, C-40) versions

* smoke/fire

* ditching

* rescue slides (evacuation)

* in general all new T7 features (e.g. WXR, PWS, RTA, ACARS, taxi/rolling SFX etc.) actually also to be found in the RW-NGX

*Brakes heating up after landing

*Most of the above specifically rain/snow etc on the windows and WX radar.

To be honest only a couple features that would make the NGX really perfect:

• Correct cockpit geometry.
  • Weather radar + enhanced terrain on ND
  • RTA and all the nifty additional features the 777 already has that are also present in the 737NG FMS
  • Slightly improved performance 

• Ground ops

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

Time Acceleration (T7 style)

I don't believe this request.

Aren't you guys tired of these over optimistic pie-in-the-sky threads?

The NGX is over 3 years old, PMDG has forgotten it has even developed it, its over, deal with it.

You obviously haven't kept up with recent announcements by PMDG. It might be worthwhile to do so before trying to bash them.

I'm not sure you are, the last thread about this had a quote from PMDG support.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/419249-question-to-pmdg-about-ngx-service-pack-2/page-6#entry3074192

It appears you are a long time PMDG costumer, so you know exactly what this means.

But common sense still prevails here, and if you know how software development works, you would know there will be no SP2 since one does not make any money from service packs they just cost money.

But common sense still prevails here, and if you know how software development works, you would know there will be no SP2 since one does not make any money from service packs they just cost money.

Joe - you should really avoid making assumptions about something you very clearly have no clue about.

First, the post you've linked to notes that there will be no SP before the year's end. It makes no reference thereafter. Given the amount of work that goes into SPs this is not unreasonable or unexpected.

Second, RSR himself (may have been Ryan, actually - but it was someone from the team nonetheless) has stated that, since the NGX is being actively worked into two new platforms (P3D and XPlane), development work on it is clearly not over.

Multiple Edits: Mostly grammatical / quote error-related. Clarified reference.

Edited by scandinavian13

Kyle Rodgers

It might be worthwhile to do so before trying to bash them.

He is not bashing PMDG but just stating a fact of life for developers. You can take it anyway you want too.

He is not bashing PMDG but just stating a fact of life for developers. You can take it anyway you want too.

Based on the content of both of his posts, no. To me, it's very clear that, not only is he misinformed, he's accusing them of no longer supporting a product that's clearly still being developed.

Kyle Rodgers