Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Lockheed Martin Prepar3D Development Status Thread - Updated 25OCT14

I am extremely excited by this news! I am headed away from home and won't be back until early next year, so I look forward to making the switch if the 777s get released on time! You guys are the sole reason I have not made the change to P3D yet, and I admire the fact that PMDG is making sure to do the licensing right and respect what P3D is, even if that means using my time away from home to save up the cash that I plan on throwing at you when I get back!

Zach Barrington

It is interesting to read this thread purely by the Randazzo interventions. There is substantial comfort even if bounded by some imprecision.

I acknowledge the essential need for devs to recover costs+ to stay in business. It would seem that most of us agree, but then start pleading self-interest.

If I have to pay a full and new price for PMDG T7 and 737NG then that is the market, and each of us has a choice.

In my case I will happily pay, if in your case you decide against, then there is an array of other planes to fly.

But I Want, and can afford the best, so please expedite PMDG for P3D. Please leave the fundamentalist positions in abeyance for the time being, unless you can persuade me that Flight under new ownership wil ever cut the mustard!

Ian

I hope PMDG have the option to transfer the FSX licence to P3D licence for a nominal fee or even free ;)

I would have to say though there are alot of people who are not in the position like yourself who can afford to replace there entire PMDG fleet and have no choice, therefore I trust PMDG have some sort of crossover option. Exciting times lie ahead :)

Joe Park

Joe Park

I hope PMDG have the option to transfer the FSX licence to P3D licence for a nominal fee

Possibly.

or even free ;)

No. P3D products will be more expensive than FSX as they are more costly in terms of licensing and legal counsel, plus some extra development.

Joe, you will definitely be disappointed. Robert has clearly said the license for P3D will be completely separate from the FSX license.

David Thwaites

Ian

I hope PMDG have the option to transfer the FSX licence to P3D licence for a nominal fee or even free ;)

I would have to say though there are alot of people who are not in the position like yourself who can afford to replace there entire PMDG fleet and have no choice, therefore I trust PMDG have some sort of crossover option. Exciting times lie ahead :)

Joe Par

There is a discount plan in the works that will allow you to get P3D license if you got an FSX license at a discount. At this time, it is a temporary offer as PMDG wont allow switching between platofrms. You will have to rebuy the whole thing if you switch (all subject to change)

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

PMDG is a commercial enterprise and so has to generate revenue. Forgive me for stating the obvious. I think they are wise enough to realize there is some need to reconcile their revenue model with the fact that users will have paid for the 777 and migrated over to P3D; to fly essentially the same aircraft. Keyword is essentially. No need to be glued to either position (pay anything vs pay nothing). As pointed out though, in the end, people will decide if it is in their best interests to buy. I don't think Rendazzo built one of the most important and successful flight simulator addon companies ever; by being either stubborn or foolish.

Moderator: This is not an attempt to create another flame throwing session. If this is deemed to be inflammatory, please delete with my apologies.

Graham

I support PMDG in their pricing policy. For what one receives the pricing is incredibly fair. Those of us who have been involved in flight swimming since the 1980s can remember when addons could be priced $50 to $80 and came on a single 5 1/4 or 3 1/2 inch floppy twenty years ago.

Dave

I don't know why people are having a conniption about price.

Read my lips: Vendors and individuals  have a right to price WHATEVER..so STFU!

Its up to us to either buy or not and THEY should STFU about we buying or not!

We can always bemoan the issue of why we can't afford something..sure! 

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guys, we do not even know what pricing is... until we do, it is absolutely pointless to waste any time complaining about it when we do not even know what it is...  to put it kindly... it is a bit of herd mentality.  

<snip>   I don't think Rendazzo built one of the most important and successful flight simulator addon companies ever; by being either stubborn or foolish.

Graham

Graham,

Oh, I don't know...  I work in aviation... and I have an addiction to vintage airplanes...  I think that probably puts  check marks in both the "stubborn" and "foolish" categories.  :blink:

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Well...that was about 20000 feet over my head. Very good! :p0504:

Graham

Robert, I think that depends on exactly which vintage aircraft you like. Some are eager in wanting to find exciting ways to kill you, others are a joy to fly or don't make it off the ground!! (I realise this post is completely off topic BTW)

David Thwaites

Gentleman...who here would recommend an SSD for P3D over a Velociraptor HDD or vice versa?

I am not looking for a massively long explanation (I have an SSD for my FSX), but just pondering and am posting this here, as most of the very experienced P3D users are most likely subscribed to this specific topic so am anticipating a brief Yay or Nay for SSD or Velociraptor.

Thank you,

Rene

It's not gonna be too different. Possibly a bit less advantage to SSD compared with FSX, but still better.