Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Lockheed Martin Prepar3D Development Status Thread - Updated 25OCT14

The following products are expected to be released during 1Q15 and/or early 2Q15:

PMDG BAe JetStream 4100

PMDG 737-800/900NG Base Package

PMDG 737-600/700 Expansion

PMDG 747-400v2.0 Base Package

(The order in which products are listed here does not reflect their release order or timeline...)

You are funny PMDG, you don't give release dates but you say we can "expect" the 747v2 in the first 6 months of 2015.

OK! Great news!

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Gentleman...who here would recommend an SSD for P3D over a Velociraptor HDD or vice versa?

I am not looking for a massively long explanation (I have an SSD for my FSX), but just pondering and am posting this here, as most of the very experienced P3D users are most likely subscribed to this specific topic so am anticipating a brief Yay or Nay for SSD or Velociraptor.

Thank you,

Rene

Hi Rene,

An SSD will have some benefit with respect to loading data given its speed. Raptor is no slouch of course. Apart from that, SSD generates less heat, uses less electricity, is extremely quiet and does not require periodic defragging. Available capacities are about the same. The Raptor is, of course, less expensive.

That's my 5 cents worth. I can't give you my 2 cents worth as we no longer have pennies in Canada  ^_^

PMDG gives attention to the BAe JetStream 4100 and gives up on MD-11... really? Are there more users of the 4100 than MD-11?

The JS41 is more recent, and probably conforms more to the way they make add-ons today. The MD-11 was probably coded with older development methods. Hence the logical decision...

Honestly not worth debating...

The MD-11 is never coming back, and, though I'm not sure how much this plays into it, RSR at least flew the J41 for a while.

Kyle Rodgers

One thing I really do hope for is that the 777 base and expansion packages will be out in time for the holidays (already mentioned to my wife as a potential gift, and if I have to change it she may think I am trying some kind of holiday trickery :lol: ). 

Sounds like progress is being made, but PMDG did mention they have support tickets opened via the P3D team... hope those don't delay a speedy release!

-Phil

I would very surprised if it was released before the end of this year - hope I'm wrong

Rich Sennett

I would very surprised if it was released before the end of this year - hope I'm wrong

I also hope you are wrong :)  His original update did mention it is in the latter stages and approaching testing... but I do know also how things can get drawn out in the flight sim world.

PMDG 777-200LR/F Base Package for Prepar3d

"Price: $350,000,000.00

No shipping required"

PMDG 777-300ER Expansion Package for P3D

"Price: $300,000,000.00

No shipping required"

A bit out of my price range, this. I guess I'll better start saving... Should be able to afford at least the base package in about a thousand years time.

Appreciate not having to pay extra for any shipping though ;)

PMDG 777-200LR/F Base Package for Prepar3d

"Price: $350,000,000.00

No shipping required"

PMDG 777-300ER Expansion Package for P3D

"Price: $300,000,000.00

No shipping required"

A bit out of my price range, this. I guess I'll better start saving... Should be able to afford at least the base package in about a thousand years time.

Appreciate not having to pay extra for any shipping though ;)

That's cuz they ship you the actual Aircraft.

You might want to plan for some storage.

Although the "No Shipping required" worries me.

Well when you think about it FSX when it came out for the deluxe version was about 70 dollars. I paid for the academic for prepar3d as not to go thru month to month payment. I would hope the fee for the pmdg products for p3rd will not be too much as the ifly 737 for p3rd is 70 dollars. Most devs re released thier add ons for that platform for free. I know...what!!! This is a very good company (pmdg) so for a small upgrade fee for a great product(s) would be fine for me...just hurry up as I cannot fly p3rd until pmdg converts

You are funny PMDG, you don't give release dates but you say we can "expect" the 747v2 in the first 6 months of 2015.

OK! Great news!

+1

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Do we know if existing FSX users who have moved exclusively to P3D (and therefore do not use the FSX versions anymore) will get any kind of discount for the P3D version of the 737NGX? I am actually more interested in the 600 and 700 than the 800/900 base package, and it would be somewhat disappointing to have to pay the full price for all four versions all over again.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Do we know if existing FSX users who have moved exclusively to P3D (and therefore do not use the FSX versions anymore) will get any kind of discount for the P3D version of the 737NGX? I am actually more interested in the 600 and 700 than the 800/900 base package, and it would be somewhat disappointing to have to pay the full price for all four versions all over again.

From the first post of the thread:

We are currently evaluating offering promotional pricing for users who wish to change platforms, but the details of this offer are still being evaluated and the program will be offered for a very limited period of time.

Kyle Rodgers