Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

My annual "ask the community for help for ME" post....

Gents-

It seems about once per year that I wind up coming to the forum asking if anyone has any suggestions for how to resolve a particular issue I am having- and this is going to be that annual post!

Normally when I need help with something hardware or software related I just go directly to Ryan at our tech support because **nobody** knows how to fix stuff better than Ryan...

Ryan is a bit buried in a combination of tasks so I'm going to toss this one out to everyone here and hope someone can point me to a resolution....

Ready?  Here goes!:

I am running P3D v2.4...  I installed it from the full v2.4 installer.  It is plain-vanilla, totally bone-stock.  I have not installed any other addon aircraft or scenery as of yet- with the exception of the 777-200LR/F from some company called PMDG.  (Ever heard of them?  They make good stuff....  You should definitely try them out!)

When I run P3D, I run it in a window.  It runs incredibly well, but if I click outside of the window and then return to P3D, the sim will freeze, run, freeze, run, freeze run over and over for a period of time that may last ten seconds or it may last two minutes.  During the freeze, the "(Not Responding)" flag appears in the window title bar.

One the freezing ceases, the sim runs perfectly- until I click outside the window again. 

This makes running the 777 in a debugging environment extremely challenging- and frankly it is driving me nuts...

I have two screens, both running on their own graphics card- but I still experience this problem if I remove one card and the second screen.

I searched the P3D forums and a bunch of other online venues but did not find anything that matched my experience.  I have upgraded hardware and completely removed/reinstalled the software twice now- but the experience remains the same.

Okay- bring on the experts...  Any ideas what it is or how I fix it?

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Gents-

It seems about once per year that I wind up coming to the forum asking if anyone has any suggestions for how to resolve a particular issue I am having- and this is going to be that annual post!

Normally when I need help with something hardware or software related I just go directly to Ryan at our tech support because **nobody** knows how to fix stuff better than Ryan...

Ryan is a bit buried in a combination of tasks so I'm going to toss this one out to everyone here and hope someone can point me to a resolution....

Ready?  Here goes!:

I am running P3D v2.4...  I installed it from the full v2.4 installer.  It is plain-vanilla, totally bone-stock.  I have not installed any other addon aircraft or scenery as of yet- with the exception of the 777-200LR/F from some company called PMDG.  (Ever heard of them?  They make good stuff....  You should definitely try them out!)

When I run P3D, I run it in a window.  It runs incredibly well, but if I click outside of the window and then return to P3D, the sim will freeze, run, freeze, run, freeze run over and over for a period of time that may last ten seconds or it may last two minutes.  During the freeze, the "(Not Responding)" flag appears in the window title bar.

One the freezing ceases, the sim runs perfectly- until I click outside the window again. 

This makes running the 777 in a debugging environment extremely challenging- and frankly it is driving me nuts...

I have two screens, both running on their own graphics card- but I still experience this problem if I remove one card and the second screen.

I searched the P3D forums and a bunch of other online venues but did not find anything that matched my experience.  I have upgraded hardware and completely removed/reinstalled the software twice now- but the experience remains the same.

Okay- bring on the experts...  Any ideas what it is or how I fix it?

Hi Rob,

Do you have AERO enabled in your Windows OS? If not, make sure it is ENABLED. 

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

Gents-

Do you have AERO enabled in your Windows OS? If not, make sure it is ENABLED. 

Yup thats the correct answer you beat me to it - I learned that the hard way to - its an amazing difference - by the way who is PMDG - never heard of them and why are you using the T777 before me

Rich Sennett

rsrandazzo,

Please post you full name to...

Never mind. :)

Nice  try lol

Rich Sennett

Try running it in FSX like it is supposed to be.

The P3D version has not been released yet. :P  :(

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Rob make sure you are also using alt+enter to go in and out of P3D - dont click on your desktop especially if aero was not your answer

Rich Sennett

Where do you set aero? Thanks

Right mouse click desktop then go down to personalize - screen opens pick an aero theme done

Rich Sennett

(...) some company called PMDG.  (Ever heard of them?  They make good stuff....  You should definitely try them out!)

(...)

Fanboi!   :lol:

rsrandazzo,

Please post you full name to...

Never mind. :)

S. = Salvatore   :P

Try running it in FSX like it is supposed to be.

The P3D version has not been released yet. :P  :(

It will be released when it's ready.   :LMAO:

Whats this crazy nut doing? No one should run a product designed for FSX in P3D v2! Oh wait....sorry Capt'n we cannot provide support for a alpha/beta product :LMAO: .

P.S. Yeah I know....If Randazzo knows me he will pwn me on this one...

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

Hi Rob,

I haven't come across said issue, however my setup is slightly different to the one you're running. Specifically I'm missing the PMDG 777-200LR/F for P3D :ph34r: ! However if you can arrange to shoot me over a copy of the PMDG 777-200LR/F for P3D I'd be happy to give it a try for you!. 

Regards,

Craig Dykstra

Gents-

Can we consider the problem fixed ?

Rich Sennett