Sign in to follow this  
flightwatch

Some more feedback, and a couple of feature requests

Just did a short flight and saw a couple things.  Judging by others topics and posts, it is probably something to do with my setup.  Everything was 99% perfect except for the FO not controlling some lights that were (what I thought) supposed to be controlled by them.  The FO turned on their map and chart lights, but did not turn them off for the entirety of the flight; they did not turn off the dome light before push back; did not switch the EICAS page to the engine page before engine start;  and failed to turn off the logo light above 10,000 feet.  Everything else performed as expected.  I installed with admin rights, have the latest version of the 777 and restarted the computer before starting FSX.

A couple of feature requests:

Would there be a way to implement the FO to turn off/on the runway turn-off, logo, and wing lights at certain altitudes.  I don't know about sop in other countries, but in the USA, it is standard procedure to have landing, wing, runway turn-off, and logo (if at night) when below 10k ft.  Some airlines leave their wing, runway turn-off and logo lights on to 18k ft as well.  Currently the FO controls the landing and logo lights in that fashion, but turns off the runway turn-off lights in their after takeoff flow...and never even touches the wing lights.  Is there perhaps a way to include this feature as an option in the cfg section.  It would only add to the realism and immersion of 2 already great products.

Thanks for your time!

I wasn't going to make up a new thread until I tested it by doing another flight, but I'll mention here beens you have if you don't mind, the FO didn't turn the dome light back off before push back on my flight either.

Jason Dilley

I'll check the Demo light off.  He should turn it off during the Before Start Procedure.  If he forgets to do it, you can always give him a hand.

Regarding Lights:  Cycle through the CFG options.  There are various options for lights.  For example, there is an option to turn off the landing lights at 18,000 which is common practice in the States.  There's also a cruise option... I believe Cathay turns them off a Cruise alt.

Logo lights usually stay on for the duration of the flight, but again that's airline specific as you mention.  Million ways to skin a cat.

Our new system allows us to very easily add more options as per user request.

Regarding EICAS to Engine.  He should do it as part of his before Start flow.  Were you manually setting the EICAS page... it may have tripped him up.

Yes I did set the EICAS to the flight controls page right before starting the Before start checklist in order to set the trim.  Perhaps that tripped him up.  I'll try again without messing with the EICAS.

The new configuration system is great and I can definitely see the potential for the user to be able to customize almost anything.  Great job on a great product!

I'd like to chime in here regarding some lights that the FO doesn't turn off. When doing my final turn to parking position I usually say "taxi light off" lest dazzling the ramp agent. But for some reason the FO leaves the runway turnoff lights all the time even after his shutdown flow. Is there a way that he turns them off by himself?

I'd like to chime in here regarding some lights that the FO doesn't turn off. When doing my final turn to parking position I usually say "taxi light off" lest dazzling the ramp agent. But for some reason the FO leaves the runway turnoff lights all the time even after his shutdown flow. Is there a way that he turns them off by himself?

As stated in the manual, the trigger is "lights and doors"