Sign in to follow this  
Norwegian

PMDG painting problem

Hey guys,

i am having a problem with painting the PMDG 737-700, this is my first attempt, so i might be missing something, but i can't see it myself.

I'll provide a picture below so you guys can see what i'm talking about.

If you look at the fsx window, you can clearly see that there is something wrong. 
But in the background you can see the paint itself, and it looks all fine, any ideas?

pmdg737_zps3b6faa75.png

It seem you lost some part of your painting - eg. the text livery is not complete read as Scandinavia (n?), perhaps caused by the way you cut/copy the flatten image exactly beginning  at the fuselage boundary of fuselage 1 and then  pasted the cut   to the area of fuselage 2 (blue color).

This is what I did in repainting 736NGX in Jet2 Yorkshire livery. After completing the paint, I made one copy of all livery text and kept them at their place as reserve and make them not visible (layer not active). I only cut the copies with rectangular marquee tool (M) 4094x4096.

jet2_1.png

jet2_2.png

I did not cut exactly at the boundary fuselage 1 but more to the left ("Jet2") and more to the right from the boundary of fuelage 3 ("Yorkshire") to enable adjustment by dragging the cut to the left or to the right within fuselage 2 boundary (blue) color until we get correct placement of them in final result.

jet2_3.png

I hope this information is useful