Sign in to follow this  
masterk

Approach Checklist - Landing Data

Hello,

first thanks for the great program. I use FS2crew for a long time.

I have one question. I use the electronic Checklist. When i Say Approach Checklist it will start with Altimeters, then Auto Breakes. But what must i say by "Landing Data. When I say set and Checked nothing happens and i can´t go further.

Best

Christian

You see "Set and Checked" in the green bar?

Other that that, you should say... from the manual:

Note: VOICE CONTROL example syntax for "LANDING DATA" challenge: "VREF IS ONE FOUR TWO...........  MINIMUMS TWO FIVE FIVE FEET"   Do not forget to say "FEET"!

Hi Bryan,

no i don´t see Set and Checked in the Bar. But i thought i can say set an checked because in the manual is a hint that i can set and checkt to go to the next item or did i understand that wrong?

Best reagrds and thanks for the quick answer.

Christian

So i have checked it it doesn´t work for me. I can say what I want by Landing Data. Nothing Hppens :)

and when I say Approach Checklist why comes Autobrake, and Landing Data. This is from the Decent Checklist? The Decent Checklist works for me. The only problem is the Approach checklist. 

The Approach Checklist is only Altimeters according to the manual. Why I am asked for Autobrake and Landing Data again?

Best an Thank you

Christian

I found the error. I must say for example 1021 set and not set and checked. Then i get the error. 

It was my fault :)

Best and thank you

Christian

A bug still exists however; i was struggling too with finding the proper way of saying it, saying it wrong however makes it somehow read the descent checlist items while you are on the approach checklist like Christian described...  Thereafter it keeps bugging; because i couldn't find the proper phraseology  i clicked to the landing checklist, but it ignored most voice commands (e.g. Gear Down).

I suppose this is a bug somewhere?

Regards,

Simon

A bug still exists however; i was struggling too with finding the proper way of saying it, saying it wrong however makes it somehow read the descent checlist items while you are on the approach checklist like Christian described...  Thereafter it keeps bugging; because i couldn't find the proper phraseology  i clicked to the landing checklist, but it ignored most voice commands (e.g. Gear Down).

I'm not sure how you're doing that but in the Descent Checklist for the Landing Data challenge say either:

"two zero zero feet"

Make sure you say that separately from VREF.  Don't merge phrases together.

FEET is actually the trigger word the speech recognition system is looking for. 

Or:

"set and checked".

I'm not sure how you're doing that but in the Descent Checklist for the Landing Data challenge say either:

"two zero zero feet"

Make sure you say that separately from VREF.  Don't merge phrases together.

FEET is actually the trigger word the speech recognition system is looking for. 

Or:

"set and checked".

I am aware of this now, and when I use that all is fine. :)

But using wrong phraseology shouldn't really make it go haywire should it? :P

What happend is:

1. Me:   "Approach checklist, please"

2. F.O.: "Approach checklist; Altimeters....."

3. Me:   "Altimeters 1005" (At the time unaware that these are incorrect words, but nothing imposible)

4. F.O.: "Autobrakes....."    --> Wait, we are on the approach checklist...? Onscreen ECL confirms this and shows no autobrakes

When I later saw I actually had to say "1005 SET", it correctly responded with "approach checklist complete".

When I later saw I actually had to say 1005 SET, it correctly responded with "approach checklist complete".

Correct, you need to say for the Altimeters:

"XXXX SET".

Only that.

LIke: Two Nine Nine Two Set.

You must say "SET" at the end.

This is in the manual.

In V1.1, I'll make it so you can also say "altimeters" at the front as an option.

In V1.1, I'll make it so you can also say "altimeters" at the front as an option.

Sounds great!

Shouldn't the part where it jumps to the descent checklist from the approach checklist be fixed too, though?

It makes perfect sense that it for instance ignores me when saying something incorrectly, but it somehow glitching to another checklist  as a result is rather weird, isn't it?

Shouldn't the part where it jumps to the descent checklist from the approach checklist be fixed too, though?

How are you doing that... please describe what you are saying in detail.

Are you following the checklist from the tutorial with respect to the expected words?

desent777.JPG

How are you doing that... please describe what you are saying in detail.

Are you following the checklist from the tutorial with respect to the expected words?

I was NOT using the correct words at the approach checklist.

As a reply to "altimeters" I replied; "altimeters 1005" instead of "1005 set".

Though, my point is, when I was using these incorrect/unexpected words, it somehow jumps from the approach checklist back to descent checklist items (even though I have already completed the descent checklist, prior to TOD, and both the ECL and the FS2Crew panel show "Approach checklist"). Where, in my opionion, even using incorrect words shouldn't make it do that, it should just ignore it.

So to reproduce:

on approach checklist, incorrectly reply "altimeter 1005" to "altimeters". Then you will see that some weird things start to happen.

Simply put, it's a problem you won't run into when you use it properly, but it should be a bit more bulletproof to incorrect usage, in my opinion :)

Hope this is of any use  B)