Sign in to follow this  
Domini99

CS727 just won't start, getting a little tired now.

I got this bird quite a while ago, and i was freeing up space from my hard drive when i found it in my fsx folder.

I thought let's give a try. Fun for practising VOR to VOR.
When doing cold and dark, the engine's just won't run. The starter won't engage no matter how.
I watched multiple video's, synced the switches up EXACTLY like in the video, the CS727 video in the video did start, in mine the needle doesn't even move.

After all i even observed a video of a real 727 starting up, and i did that too, (was nearly the same as all the FSX video's) and mine just won't fire up.
The starter just won't engage. I flip the starter switch and nothing happens. Only a light "Start valve" on the flight engineer's panel lights up, but further than that nothing happens.

Is it a problem with the aircraft? Or what am i doing wrong?
I've been trying for days now.
When i load the aircraft in ready for takeoff state, than shut the engines and restart them it works, doing it from cold and dark doesn't

EDIT:
Oh and with CTRL+E the engines do start...

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Have you tried the APU on the back right panel of the engineers station? It is under the Fuel dump panel if memory serves me right. Some times I suffer from sometimers and it throws me off. Check the forums for mods and fixes for this airplane and also look for youtube tutorials. Hope this helps.

A generic item would be the invisible mixture axis in the sim. If that one is at zero, no fuel will be able to reach the engines. So perhaps just run the startup procedure again but make sure to press ctrl F4 (or ctrl shift F4) first. This will ensure fuel flow.

Have you tried the APU on the back right panel of the engineers station? It is under the Fuel dump panel if memory serves me right. Some times I suffer from sometimers and it throws me off. Check the forums for mods and fixes for this airplane and also look for youtube tutorials. Hope this helps.

Yeah i check atleast 20 times every time just to check if the apu is actually running.

A generic item would be the invisible mixture axis in the sim. If that one is at zero, no fuel will be able to reach the engines. So perhaps just run the startup procedure again but make sure to press ctrl F4 (or ctrl shift F4) first. This will ensure fuel flow.

If there's no fuel flow, the engine should atleast crank, but not light up.

The engine doesn't even crank. It does nothing. When i say nothing, i mean really nothing  :(. Not any of the needles on the Gauges of neither engine 1 2 or 3 moves. It's just like the starter is broken.

Here: This might explain:

(Sorry for the lag, i recorded in low fps so the file size doesn't become huge)

And no matter what, i followed official procedures, i followed instructions on video's, i read the manual, the engines will not start :sad:

Hi,

It might seem obvious but did you check that you have fuel loaded?  I have been caught it with this with the iFly 737!! 

Cheers,

Bill.

Try an APU start

Main Battery on

Essential Power switch to APU

APU bleed air on, engine 1 And 3 bleed air on

AC packs closed

Each engine- bus tie and field breakers closed, gen breakers open

APU start switch on

** Very important -APU generator and field breaker switches closed ( this is key or nothing will happen when you engage engine starters much as you've desribed)

Fuel

Adequate and equal fuel in all three tanks

All three fuel switches open ( below fuel quantity gauges)

All Boost pumps on (all three engines)

Engine #2 cross feed open

Engine 1 and 3 cross feed valves closed

Overhead

Start engines switches on overhead one at a time

When N2 reaches 20%, bring corresponding cut off levers to start position

Once you get the engines running

Essential power to Gen 1

Turn off APU

Close main Gen breakers

that should do it. If you haven't already, be sure and install all the mods on the list in CS forum. Otherwise the bugs and inaccuracies make it too difficult to enjoy. With those mods installed, it's a wonderful and accurate add on

Cheers,

Brian

Hi,

It might seem obvious but did you check that you have fuel loaded?  I have been caught it with this with the iFly 737!! 

Cheers,

Bill.

Like i said, even without any fuel the engine should atleast crank, atleast up to 20/30% N2

And i always check the fuel before doing anything, but thanks for reminding anyways :smile:

Try an APU start

Main Battery on

Essential Power switch to APU

APU bleed air on, engine 1 And 3 bleed air on

Each engine- bus tie and field breakers closed, gen breakers open

APU start switch on

** Very important -APU generator and field breaker switches closed ( this is key or nothing will happen when you engage engine starters much as you've desribed)

Fuel

Adequate and equal fuel in all three tanks

All three fuel switches open ( below fuel quantity gauges)

All Boost pumps on (all three engines)

Engine #2 cross feed open

Engine 1 and 3 cross feed valves closed

Overhead

Start engines switches on overhead one at a time

When N2 reaches 20%, bring corresponding cut off levers to start position

Once you get the engines running

Essential power to Gen 1

Turn off APU

Close main Gen breakers

that should do it. If you haven't already, be sure and install all the mods on the list in CS forum. Otherwise the bugs and inaccuracies make it too difficult to enjoy. With those mods installed, it's a wonderful and accurate add on

Cheers,

Brian

Thanks a lot, i'll try that ASAP  :lol:

Most start problems eminate from the fact, you never closed the 'air-con packs' and you need them off for starting engines.

Edited by G7USL

Like i said, even without any fuel the engine should atleast crank, atleast up to 20/30% N2

You are right, it should give a turn indication. The lack of it would point to an issue with the bleed air supply (not established at all or not enough pressure), since that's what turns the engines. As Brian suggested, get that from the APU.

As a side note (although it might not affect the sim's 727 engines much), do not move the start levers before the engines are spooled up to ~20% N2. You need a minimum of 15%.

Most start problems eminate from the fact, you never closed the 'air-con packs'.

Very good point. I can't remember if CS modeled this effect. I added this point to my list above anyway. RW aircraft wouldn't start with packs open. NGX has this modeled properly.

Cheers,

Brian

Most start problems eminate from the fact, you never closed the 'air-con packs' and you need them off for starting engines.

packs were closed. I strictly followed a couple of video tutorials, in which they did start, but mine wouldn't

You are right, it should give a turn indication. The lack of it would point to an issue with the bleed air supply (not established at all or not enough pressure), since that's what turns the engines. As Brian suggested, get that from the APU.

As a side note (although it might not affect the sim's 727 engines much), do not move the start levers before the engines are spooled up to ~20% N2. You need a minimum of 15%.

I find it weird, as the APU is always running when im trying.

@BrianG

Nope, still no movement at all :sad:

The needles are still frozen. Engine blades not turning either :sad:

mine fired right up from C&D doing what I out lined. Make sure the APU generator and field breaker switches are closed( on APU panel)and APU bleed air is on(third from left). Otherwise starter switches are dead.

Other than that I can't make any suggestions.

I found that you had to hold the start switch by left click, while going down for the fuel levers (as on some other aircraft) and it does start - and the packs are modeled. 

mine fired right up from C&D doing what I out lined. Make sure the APU generator and field breaker switches are closed( on APU panel)and APU bleed air is on(third from left). Otherwise starter switches are dead.

Other than that I can't make any suggestions.

Nope :(

It just won't work.

If you have time, could you record a video of your full startup process?, i'll try to do the exact same things as you do in the video and see if i can get mine working.

If that doesn't work the aircraft is bugged *sigh*

The needles are still frozen. Engine blades not turning either :(

If you have time, could you record a video of your full startup process?, i'll try to do the exact same things as you do in the video and see if i can get mine working.

Maybe this one, complete with flight engineer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jcncCqM108

Maybe this one, complete with flight engineer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jcncCqM108

I'll try thanks

Uuuuggghhhh......

There's not the slightest indication there are actually engines attached to the aircraft.

I just hit f11 and visually the engines are there, or are those fakes?

The engines just refuse to crank! Even after watching the startup part of the video FS++ posted.

Why is there always something wrong with the Captain Sim products i bought, uuugggghhhhh......

I'll be stuck on the gate for a long time.....

Like always: the engines crank up just fine when i hit CTRL+E

But when i manually do the full startup procedure they just won't go.

Have you tried CTRL+SHFT+R before trying a start.  This resets the aircraft and has worked for me on other aircraft that wouldn't start no matter what I tried.

Steve

Why is there always something wrong with the Captain Sim products i bought, uuugggghhhhh......

Welcome to CS world. The talk is their later releases are less problematic and well done. I'll never know as I'll never buy another CS product. I got their 732 for $12 only. That's the last one for me.

Go to the CS forum and post your problem in the 727 forum there. A very helpful and kind gentleman, Markoz, will jump in and probably solve your problem for you. Good luck.

Cheers,

Brian

Have you tried CTRL+SHFT+R before trying a start. This resets the aircraft and has worked for me on other aircraft that wouldn't start no matter what I tried.

Steve

I'll try that as last hope.

Welcome to CS world. The talk is their later releases are less problematic and well done. I'll never know as I'll never buy another CS product. I got their 732 for $12 only. That's the last one for me.

Go to the CS forum and post your problem in the 727 forum there. A very helpful and kind gentleman, Markoz, will jump in and probably solve your problem for you. Good luck.

Cheers,

Brian

Thanks, I'll try there as soon as I've figured my login information stuff, it has been a long time since the last time I used any CS product or site.

Engines wont crank without bleed air.

Make sure you have latest version of the addon (i think its 2.4).

Try Ground Power Unit as your active electricity source instead of APU. Make sure AC/DC selectors point to Ext.

On the SimIcons menu (shift + 1) click BA (applies bleed air to the engines) and EP (electricity from GPU).

Packs off.

Start engines by pulling uncovered engine start buttons down and keeping them down until 20% N2. Then set fuel levers to on.

Let nr know if it works.

Engines wont crank without bleed air.

Make sure you have latest version of the addon (i think its 2.4).

Try Ground Power Unit as your active electricity source instead of APU. Make sure AC/DC selectors point to Ext.

On the SimIcons menu (shift + 1) click BA (applies bleed air to the engines) and EP (electricity from GPU).

Packs off.

Start engines by pulling uncovered engine start buttons down and keeping them down until 20% N2. Then set fuel levers to on.

Let nr know if it works.

Like I said, its not gonna work. You can give me the startup tutorial a hundred times but the engines won't crank.

Could be a problem with your default saved flight. Delete it and load fsx so it rebuilds a new one.

I'll try that. I havent taken the time yet to go on the Captain Sim forums.

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "The UNOFFICIAL Captain Sim Support Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

May I suggest you make a video of your entire startup procedure, including FE panel, maybe someone here may detect something you're missing.

May I suggest you make a video of your entire startup procedure, including FE panel, maybe someone here may detect something you're missing.

+1

Sign in to follow this