Sign in to follow this  
OldFlyboy

Problem with Livery Manager

Gunter told me about this program via LINDA yesterday. I installed it and it is really a good addition to FSX. Everything works perfectly except the Livery Manager. Whenever I try to ue it the fol;lowing message box:

Simstart_LIVERIES.jpg

"input string not in correct format" and a list of details which I cannot get in a screenshot.

Hope you can tell me how to fix this

Regards

Neal H

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

I have the same problem. All other tools work with the latest SimStarter, and P3D 2.4.

Some help would be very good indeed!

Regards, Jim

Asus Rog Maximus VIII Hero, i9-10900k 4.8GHZ, Corsair H100 cooler, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 2666, RTX3090 20GB, Win10 HP 64-bit, 3 Monitors "19-22-19", Vive Pro 2 Headset.

Hi,

the problem is caused by a string in one of your aircraft.cfg files. The livery manager reads every aircraft.cfg in .\SimObjects.

Sometimes they are containing a string which crashes SIMstarter. I've done a lot of exceptions to handle them but it seems, that there are still exceptions needed.. ;O)

Please follow my instructions:

1. Start SIMstarter
  2. Go to "Settings" > "Program settings"
  3. Check "Debug mode" at "Program settings..."
  4. Click "Save and exit"
  5. Start Livery Manager ("Tools" > "Livery Manager")
  6. SIMstarter crashes and has created a file "SIMstarter.log" in SIMstarter-Directory
  7. Please send it to my via email (capt_pero@web.de)
  8. Go to "Settings" > "Program settings"
  9. UnCheck "Debug mode" at "Program settings..."
  10. Click "Save and exit"

Usually the last line of the "SIMstarter.log" shows the latest aircraft.cfg which have been used without error. The next directory would contain the "faulty" aircraft.cfg. I would need that aircraft.cfg to analyse the failure and give SIMstarter Livery Manager another exception for a bad input format.

I really would appriciate if both of you could send my the "SIMstarter.log" and the faulty "aircraft.cfg".

: : : aviation.pero-online.de
Developer of SIMstarter NG P3D & Homecockpit Builder

Thanks for the help. I will get it off to you later this morning.

My guess is that the problem is caused by my changes to the aircraft.cfg files. I do not want more than two or three liveries so for all the rest I use a leading //////[flightsim.nn] to keep them from showing. Then renumber the ones I keep

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

Thanks for the help. I will get it off to you later this morning.

My guess is that the problem is caused by my changes to the aircraft.cfg files. I do not want more than two or three liveries so for all the rest I use a leading //////[flightsim.nn] to keep them from showing. Then renumber the ones I keep

Yes, you are right. SIMstarter has a "hick up" with the "/////". But this is a problem of SIMstarter and will be fixed within the next version.

I did send you a corrected file. ;O)

New version of SIMstarter will be out within the next days.

Hi Pero,

Thanks for your help.  I've sent off an email.

Regards, Jim

Asus Rog Maximus VIII Hero, i9-10900k 4.8GHZ, Corsair H100 cooler, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 2666, RTX3090 20GB, Win10 HP 64-bit, 3 Monitors "19-22-19", Vive Pro 2 Headset.

Hi Pero,

Thanks for your help.  I've sent off an email.

Regards, Jim

Hi Jim,

thank you for your debugging.

Your problem was caused by SIMstarter. Because SIMstarter does not recognize "sim.cfg" instead of "aircraft.cfg".

<YOUR FSX/P3D>\SimObjects\Rotorcraft\Robinson_R22 is using sim.cfg instead of aircraft.cfg

You can easily rename sim.cfg to aircraft.cfg (either can exist)

SIMstarter and FSX/P3D should work fine.

Other problem especial to your "Robin R22" aircraft.cfg was a faulty entry at "texture=" for the first rotorcraft. I've corrected and send over to you (I use a clean install to double check those files).

Next version of SIMstarter can handle "sim.cfg" as well (rename it to aircraft.cfg).

Hope that solves your problem. ;O)

Thanks for your fast responses. SimStarter is a very neat and easy-to-understand program (unlike too many others). Really looking forward to the next version.

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

My thanks too.  We have been exchanging emails, and Pero has fixed several of my aircraft.cfgs.

Fantastic support!

Jim

Thank you!